• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It starts at the top. Having a petulant man-child for an owner isn't going to work and the media is eviscerating him.

hepcat

6 hours ago, thennek said:

It is possible the NFL punishes Tepper by taking draft picks from the Panthers …..not that they have a lot to give. 

They better fuging not. They can punish HIM with a massive fine or suspension or something but no need to punish the whole orginization and the fans even more for his stupidity.

41 minutes ago, ichigo1057 said:

They better fuging not. They can punish HIM with a massive fine or suspension or something but no need to punish the whole orginization and the fans even more for his stupidity.

The last precedent for this was in 2009 when the Titans owner flipped some fans the middle finger and he was fined $250k.

Throwing a cup of water at someone is technically misdemeanor assault so I’d assume the fine will be higher than $250k. But I think it is highly unlikely the NFL docks draft picks or punishes the organization in a meaningful way.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

18 minutes ago, hepcat said:

The last precedent for this was in 2009 when the Titans owner flipped some fans the middle finger and he was fined $250k.

Throwing a cup of water at someone is technically misdemeanor assault so I’d assume the fine will be higher than $250k. But I think it is highly unlikely the NFL docks draft picks or punishes the organization in a meaningful way.

I think the Athletic article today said if this was a multiple incident situation draft picks were on the table.   Since it’s not it’s just likely to be a hefty fine.  

• Beer 1

The L take of L takes in this thread lmao.  Thanks for the entertainment.

Tepper is incredibly immature and has the emotional intelligence of a 12 year old at best.  It really makes you wonder how he found any success in business when he can’t even conduct himself in public.  Probably insider trading.

• Beer 1

56 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Tepper is worth $21B and going up every day…. He could spend $250K every time he took a piss.

Like literally.

Just now, HardcoreHokie said:

Tepper is worth $21B and going up every day…. He could spend $250K every time he took a piss.

Like literally.

The real punishment is broadcasting to the rest of the league that not only is he incompetent at running a team, he’s unable to function as an adult in public.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

I think “integrity of the game” issues take draft picks away this is just an owner being stupid but it didn’t mess with the actual game.

21 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

The real punishment is broadcasting to the rest of the league that not only is he incompetent at running a team, he’s unable to function as an adult in public.

I don't even think it bothers him, no word from our PR department... or the NFL for that matter. He just gonna ride it out for the rest of the week. Monday will be a new slew of headlines.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, ichigo1057 said:

If they take draft picks, then this team will take years to recover.

7 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

So what do you think proper punishment is for this? Seeing as how players have been simply suspended for much, much worse and often just a handful of games.

It’s going to be interesting 

it could've escalated very, very quickly with a very bad situation and a public relations nightmare for the NFL in that box

we all know people, and have seen people, go bat poo crazy at games and people get hurt over far less

if that Jax fan had been a little bit more athletic and a little more drunk, a very ugly scene could have played out 

the shield isn’t going to want that to happen 

3 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

It’s going to be interesting 

it could've escalated very, very quickly with a very bad situation and a public relations nightmare for the NFL in that box

we all know people, and have seen people, go bat poo crazy at games and people get hurt over far less

if that Jax fan had been a little bit more athletic and a little more drunk, a very ugly scene could have played out 

the shield isn’t going to want that to happen 

If that guy would've jumped into the box and whipped David Tepper's ass I would've started raising the funds to build a statue of him out front of BOA.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1