• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Every bit of draft capital and FA money

53 minutes ago, CRA said:

all that said, Bryce Young has his owns issues and some of those aren't ones you expect in a #1 overall QB.   

arm strength - cant be fixed

Footwork - can be fixed but its a mystery how its so bad this far into his football career

athleticism - cant be fixed

pocket presense/internal clock - maybe can be fixed but kindof doubt it

how the fug this kid went #1 is a bizarre mystery

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

arm strength - cant be fixed

Footwork - can be fixed but its a mystery how its so bad this far into his football career

athleticism - cant be fixed

pocket presense/internal clock - maybe can be fixed but kindof doubt it

how the fug this kid went #1 is a bizarre mystery

Yeah, his lack of arm talent just removes to many plays from the table.  I mean a window can open and a Josh Allen could get it there…..Bryce might not.  Bryce would need to get set and get his his body behind it and that takes time and even then it might not be enough. 

also his size is an issue.  Other QBs will be able to occasionally extend plays he can’t.  They add up over time.   I also think it impacts his pocket play in the NFL over the middle.   Does he make plays over the middle? Sure.  But I think it impacts his positioning in the pocket and doesn’t allow him to step up where others can. 

I swear Moton, Icky, Bozman, Christ, and Colbert are better than they showed this pass year(injuries and all).

As it pains to say, I believe you get rid of campy and hope the new OL coach is a wizard full of miracles. 

With Brady and Corbett coming back, we just need good depth on the OL. And the blocking scheme that fits the players we have. Maybe Icky and Brady switch LT-LG. A speedy WR and a good pass catching TE to go with Tremble and we just need guys to stay healthy. Even Miles would do better with improved blocking from the guards. 

It was said that Brees needed good guards to give him lanes and room to step up. That was our biggest weakness because of injuries this year. Give Bryce 3 seconds and room t step up and we'll be a lot better. 

The Oline can always be upgraded.

That said, you bring in another Oline coach and grab two scheme specific Guards.

Ickey-BC-Bozeman-Corbett-Moton

Get away from the our current blocking scheme and go back to what worked. 

Worst case 

BC-Ickey-Boze-FA Guard-Moton..

But 60% of our line needs to run out of a power man scheme to shine, esp Bozeman. 

With Corbett and BC backing up the G spots. Both of them could technically start but I we need some new energy infused on that line. 

Grab a running back and put him infront of Sanders (pay cut). Grab either Corum, Brooks, Estime, Irving, Benson, or Johnson (whoever is still there in the 4th round)or just bring back Foreman. 

TE: 3rd Round pick - Jahiem Bell or Brevyn Spann Ford. Keep Sullivan and Tremble around.

WR: Resign Shenault and ISM. Tee Higgins would be my choice but reality says Curtis Samuel. Grab a playmaker at #33 and pick up Ricky Pearshall in the 5th and we're atleast respectable again. Mingo was always a development pick but I'd expect his biggest jump to come year three. 

New HC..hopefully an innovative playcaller who can correct and adapt in real-time. 

And thats just the offense. 

We just need a damn identity and furthermore a whole new culture shift in the stadium.  

8 hours ago, mav1234 said:

Our OL isn't even the worst in the league. Our overall receiving group (that is, including TEs) might be. Doesn't matter how much time you give a QB if he can't find someone to throw to.

Could have tank dell and nico Collins.  Instead we got tmj and Mingo.  We suck at drafting. Doesn't matter what we focus on if shitterer is making the call

• Pie 1

The loss of Brady hurt badly.  He was honestly probably the best scheme fit among all of our OL.

Bozeman sadly is a square peg in a round hole in this system.

Ickey has regressed immensely.  And he may have to end up inside.

Corbett I don’t think was ever 100% was rushed back in a already awful OL.

Tremble has shown flashes but nothing more than that he can be a TE2

Hurst has sadly shown his entire career that he is nothing more than a TE2 and we were banking on him being a impact TE1

Thelien is reliable.  But he is old and un athletic.  Honestly the last time he was a WR1 or a major threat in this league.  Jerry Richardson was the owner of the Panthers.  Mingo has looked raw as heck.  Which many thought coming out of the draft.

A rookie QB who the situation who is starting to look shell shocked at times and developing some bad traits.  

Its a overall disaster.  You need to retool the OL and add a few weapons with a offensive minded guy from this century (who uses motions etc)

Then see what the QB looks like next year.  If it still looks the same.  You’ll have to start having the conversation about what next.  Whether it be try to bring in a vet or what.

Edited by ncfan

4 hours ago, Basbear said:

I swear Moton, Icky, Bozman, Christ, and Colbert are better than they showed this pass year(injuries and all).

As it pains to say, I believe you get rid of campy and hope the new OL coach is a wizard full of miracles. 

Bryce makes them all worse by being small, not getting rid of the ball, not handling pressure well, not taking consistent drop backs, not having proper footwork, etc. It was basically the same line that ranked in the top 10 the year before. We need a QB, WR, and a Guard. We’re not as far off as the Bryce backers believe. 

Edited by Selltheteamtepper

11 hours ago, Frank9999 said:

Needs to be invested into retooling the offensive line. It needs to be one of the best in the league. Forget WR. Forget everything else. 

I disagree. I think we need to fix the O-line and upgrade some weapons.

I've often said that I'd rather get veteran O-lineman in FA. That's the only way you really know what you're getting. Seasoned big uglies, and young (maybe even brash) offensive talent in the draft. 

The thing is, you really can't ignore the BPA and expect things to go your way very smoothly.

• Pie 1