• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Per Schefter: Tepper has hired a search firm to help find HC

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Newton has zero experience as a talent evaluator, football administrator or anything like that. The only people who think it'd be a good idea to hand him a role like that are fans and Newton himself.

And I know people will say " yeah, but professionals failed at it". Sorry that doesn't mean Newton is any more qualified.

I agree with you but would note that there are 32 GMs that are all "professionals."  Only about 5 or 6 of them are actually good at their jobs however. 

12 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Yep. Heres what I know- Tepper wants to win as bad as us fans, if not more.

Hes willing to spend, big time. He bought all other of stuff- bubble field, all sort of weight performance machines, made hot-shoe rhule a top 7 paid HC(most ever for a 1st timer), the 2023 coaching staff was highest in the NFL, etc etc. I even remember during coofus he bought a few giant robotic machines to go room-to-room killing everything. 

Yea hes a bad owner and has the worst W-L record, but hes trying to fix that. I keep telling myself, he must get lucky with a HC sooner or later. I mean the defense staff and special team staff are good-great.

I have no idea what Id do if he was some ultra cheapskate along with the losing and poor coaching/GM choices. I want to say Id still be a panther fan, but honestly I have a couple doubts.  

I appreciate your optimism, I hope you are right and he gets the right guy this time. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm not sure what kind of GM Morgan would be but given the two choices I would pick him over Fitterer. I prefer he be giving him advice over Scott. 

Did anyone catch Morgan telling Scott to be patient on the Johnson pick during the draft night recording? Fitterer was freaking out that he might not get a pass rusher. I found that informative myself. 

I don’t know if Morgan is truly qualified to step up but that doesn’t surprise me and also shows how Fitterer was making picks not just forced by Tepper to make picks. Fitterer was just trash. Why panic for DJ Johnson, a mediocre prospect, when a guy like Leonard Floyd was teamless and only cost the Bills $7M? The guy at the fantasy draft who would end all of the runs always sucked.

12 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

I don’t know if Morgan is truly qualified to step up but that doesn’t surprise me and also shows how Fitterer was making picks not just forced by Tepper to make picks. Fitterer was just trash. Why panic for DJ Johnson, a mediocre prospect, when a guy like Leonard Floyd was teamless and only cost the Bills $7M? The guy at the fantasy draft who would end all of the runs always sucked.

Most reports are morgan handles the FA/pro ranking side of things, while fittererere focuses on the draft stuff.

If that is true, god help us.

I think @Mr. Scot can back this up.

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Most reports are morgan handles the FA/pro ranking side of things, while fittererere focuses on the draft stuff.

That’s not good. Houston and Sanders were the two big FA signings and you can’t do any worse.

That’s my concern. I personally just want one of the quality GMs available, some of whom we likely passed over for Shitterer. Let that GM fill out scouting, etc. There’s nothing worth keeping from the past 3 seasons of GM/scouting so it is a little disappointing that we’d even think about hiring from within.

Just now, WhoKnows said:

That’s not good. Houston and Sanders were the two big FA signings and you can’t do any worse.

That’s my concern. I personally just want one of the quality GMs available, some of whom we likely passed over for Shitterer. Let that GM fill out scouting, etc. There’s nothing worth keeping from the past 3 seasons of GM/scouting so it is a little disappointing that we’d even think about hiring from within.

Thats my biggest issue, most of the scouts are the same ones form herniay eras. gettleman didnt fire any of them. fiterererererer has only hired like 2 form the Seattle and those were just additions. Those guys plain suck at 2-7 rounds and UDFAs. Saints have owned the UDFA market.

Just about ALL of morgans free agent signees are awful. Thats his specialty..... 

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

I hope this search team interviews GM/HC candidates together, like as package deals.  Like the GM of the Lions and Ben Johnson looks good to me.  

Throw all the money in the world at the front office, scouting department, and coaching staffs.

Why would the lions GM leave?

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

Yes, I can.

Fitterer's background is in college scouting.

Morgan's resumé is all in pro scouting.

• Beer 1