• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking, Ian Rapoport: Fitterer Fired

20 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

More from Joe (same article as before)...

There’s been some buzz that the Panthers could add a senior vice president of football operations to serve as a go-between for Tepper and the coach/GM. Dawn Aponte, the NFL’s chief administrator of football operations, would be a strong candidate for such a role.

Now this is a name I know, not for personnel reasons though. More for personality and authority.

If the idea is to get somebody that can tell David Tepper when he's full of sh-t, Aponte isn't a bad idea at all.

she does have a strong (minded) reputation. and she's a lawyer and an accountant. plus a couple decades experience with the NFL working contracts and stuff. she knows what she's doing and she'd be tough. 

seems too good of an option. makes too much sense.

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

she does have a strong (minded) reputation. and she's a lawyer and an accountant. plus a couple decades experience with the NFL working contracts and stuff. she knows what she's doing and she'd be tough. 

seems too good of an option. makes too much sense.

She's previously worked under Stephen Ross, so she speaks bullsh-t 😕

38 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

More from Joe (same article as before)...

There’s been some buzz that the Panthers could add a senior vice president of football operations to serve as a go-between for Tepper and the coach/GM. Dawn Aponte, the NFL’s chief administrator of football operations, would be a strong candidate for such a role.

Now this is a name I know, not for personnel reasons though. More for personality and authority.

If the idea is to get somebody that can tell David Tepper when he's full of sh-t, Aponte isn't a bad idea at all.

Basically managing the manager. One of the cushiest jobs in corp if you know how to deal with ego

• Pie 1

58 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Lemme throw another potential name in here:

Browns Assistant GM Catherine Raiche

How good is she? Don't honestly know, but she's risen up the ranks and is generally considered likely to be the leagues first female GM.

Gotta believe Tepper would love to be able to say he's the guy that hired her.

If she played a role in the pursuit of Desean Watson and his contract, I don't want her. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Billy Love said:

If she played a role in the pursuit of Desean Watson and his contract, I don't want her. 

Don't know. Haven't really looked at her much yet.

I tend to favor people who've been at it longer, though.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, MrBubba said:

It had to be done.  Although I do wonder how handicapped he was working with Ruhle.  And if he had final say over Fitt.  

That's Richardson's point.

Rhule had full control, but even after Rhule was gone he still had to work with Tepper.

Beyond that though, Fitterer was willing to collaborate (read: submit) to the wishes of even assistant coaches like Ben McAdoo.

Working for a head coach is basically the job, but if you start listening to everybody, you wind up with no vision of your own.

Floyd Reese always said he hated having coaches take part in the scouting process. The ultimate finale here is a pretty good testimony that he was probably right.

When everybody is in charge, nobody's in charge.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2