• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns doesn’t think he teams top priority. Also thinks he should be paid among top edge rushers

ncfan

Yikes!

I been defending this dude all season, but that comment makes him look selfish. We probably need to move on from Burns. He's about his money at this point.

Hell has frozen over Whoaa is off the Burns wagon! Team first over any players!

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

people need to prepare themselves....

the road to him walking started setting itself up before this season kicked off.  Burns' performance this year only increases the odds of that path being a realistic option. 

Tag and trades aren't as common as folks just walking out the door.  Fittmagic likely ain't done. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

You should include pressure rate as well. But, yeah, from the eye test alone, I think we're simply better off trading him to the highest bidder. He's not a top rusher, and that fact has shown up better than he does on every down. 

I think his pressure stats are loaded with false positives.  Unfortunately, we've all watched Burns play.  We've seen him get ridden just past the QB too many times.  We've seen him flat out whiff.  That's technically a pressure.

I'm not sure what value Burns coming around the corner for pressure really has.

Man, I took so much heat this past year for pointing out exactly what many have finally figured out about Burns when the spotlight was on him this season...

Just glad it's going to be done. Either they agree at a value based in reality or Burns moves on. End the dumb drama; this team is too bad for this nonsense.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 1

This is what happens when you have fools in charge. Take the original trade or sign him, nope they waited and then bickered about the price because he really isn't worth the value of the Rams offer. How the fug they let it come into this year without a deal is on the team, players always ask for what they can get and regardless if it was us or someone else this deal should have been done last offseason. Yes he wanted too much but they could have done a trade and just owned up to not being as good as the one they turned down from the Rams. 

I hope the new GM can find a trade partner he will go with or just let him go. Yes it stinks but that deal was screwed up already and I just want to be done with any players with any promises from the last idiot in charge of the roster. 

He isn't nearly as good as the people in Carolina have been telling him for years. When you lie like that the bill comes due. Well here it is. Could have been a valuable part of it all but no he has to be called great. 

“He’s a phenomenal leader and has been totally into it,” Panthers coach Frank Reich said. “In the meeting room, on the practice field he’s totally locked in. And he’s making good progress physically. We are not only expecting him to be a great player on the field but also be a great leader.”“What I am learning about him, like most great players, is he’s a very smart football player,” Reich said. “So that allows us to do different things with him. Sure, we mainly want (him) to rush the passer. But it does allow us to do other things. ... We will see how that all plays out.”

Just call him a valuable part of the team and stop blowing smoke he hasn't earned. It's been the same BS since he was drafted. 1 year of double digit sacks is not greatness. It's good job now keep trying for better. Peppers had 12 in 12 games his rookie year, that is what special looks like. 

• Pie 1

The craziest thing to me is even after this past offseason when it was clear we werent going to get a deal done and the numbers were far apart, apparently 5 teams contacted us at the trade deadline and Fitt said he wasnt available.   I mean wtf was he thinking.  

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

This is what happens when you have fools in charge. Take the original trade or sign him, nope they waited and then bickered about the price because he really isn't worth the value of the Rams offer. How the fug they let it come into this year without a deal is on the team, players always ask for what they can get and regardless if it was us or someone else this deal should have been done last offseason. Yes he wanted too much but they could have done a trade and just owned up to not being as good as the one they turned down from the Rams. 

I hope the new GM can find a trade partner he will go with or just let him go. Yes it stinks but that deal was screwed up already and I just want to be done with any players with any promises from the last idiot in charge of the roster. 

He isn't nearly as good as the people in Carolina have been telling him for years. When you lie like that the bill comes due. Well here it is. Could have been a valuable part of it all but no he has to be called great. 

“He’s a phenomenal leader and has been totally into it,” Panthers coach Frank Reich said. “In the meeting room, on the practice field he’s totally locked in. And he’s making good progress physically. We are not only expecting him to be a great player on the field but also be a great leader.”“What I am learning about him, like most great players, is he’s a very smart football player,” Reich said. “So that allows us to do different things with him. Sure, we mainly want (him) to rush the passer. But it does allow us to do other things. ... We will see how that all plays out.”

Just call him a valuable part of the team and stop blowing smoke he hasn't earned. It's been the same BS since he was drafted. 1 year of double digit sacks is not greatness. It's good job now keep trying for better. Peppers had 12 in 12 games his rookie year, that is what special looks like. 

Exactly, it puts them in a damned if you do, damned if you dont situation for absolutely no reason with no probable solution.  It reminds me a lot of the same ignorant short sighted thinking that got Darnold's 5th year option signed.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, blackcat said:

Burns is talking like he wants us to let him walk.  I'm ok with that.

At this point, I'm willing to accept that as well. 

It's a shame we've reached this point with Spider-Burns but he should definitely not be on this team next year.

• Pie 1

If we’re trying to build a new locker room culture, I don’t want him within 1000 feet if BoA. Cut bait before he can see another training camp. It is what it is. 

Brown and Luvu elevate teammate. Burns has made others work harder to try to cover for his deficiencies. I wonder how many first down were given up due to a tackle he should have made. 

GM’s have taken notice. His disappearing act is well known. 

• Pie 2