• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just how bad was Bryce Young?

TN05

1 minute ago, toldozer said:

Atleast Weinke was 87 years old. Bryce is a fuging bum until proven otherwise.  16 games with 1 fuging 1 adequate nfl stat line.

Broke 200 yards 5 times

250 fuging 1 time all year

Weinke also brought us that caliber of play for a mere 4th round pick.  Not at the cost of 2 first picks and DJ Moore. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

46 minutes ago, CRA said:

Bryce-Young.jpg

I mean, I was bitching Sunday about how Bryce doesn't even look at the wide open check down over and over and instead scrambles away and kills the play.....

someone mentioned in the game chat but he probably can't see how open Hubbard or whoever is given the sight issue he likely faces in the pocket.   Which has got to be a massive issue for the angle he can be a super elite PG distributor /small ball QB.   

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

You might have a point if Reich wasn't just fired mid season for being an awful coach in Indy 

Not saying he wasn't awful. Just saying I wouldn't be surprised if what got him and two offensive assistants canned mid-season might have been wanting to go to Dalton.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, I was bitching Sunday about how Bryce doesn't even look at the wide open check down over and over and instead scrambles away and kills the play.....

someone mentioned in the game chat but he probably can't see how open Hubbard or whoever is given the sight issue he likely faces in the pocket.   Which has got to me a massive issue for the angle he can be a super elite PG distributor /small ball QB.   

Flashback to Tepper coming back out of the shadows to flap his gums when he thought they were again outsmarting the NFL - "...this guy has the highest probability of winning Super Bowls..."

Blech.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Young was difficult to watch. The most alarming problem that cropped up was his horrendous deep ball. Then I started to notice that there was low velocity on his passes, another worrying problem. The ball would hang out there to dry and I'd lean forward, my eyes widening, expecting a pick 6. It then accrued to me that Young reminded me of Drew Brees after his arm weakened from old age, but minus the fast processing mind. The QB I was told was some sort of wunderkind savant was actually not anything close to that.

I don't know what the future holds for Young, but at this point things are looking grim.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Flashback to Tepper coming back out of the shadows to flap his gums when he thought they were again outsmarting the NFL - "...this guy has the highest probability of winning Super Bowls..."

Blech.

OMFG not this again. I had almost forgotten about this idiotic speech! Might as well just refer to it as the "point guard" speech. I still can't believe he said all of that crap. Please let him just sell the team.

• Beer 2

I'd to look into the multiverse and see the world where Chark, Mingo, and Sullivan catch the passes they dropped. We had an alarming number of throws dropped that would have saved drives and likely changed games. I think a lot of those plays would have given Bryce the momentum to play more confidently.  Right now he plays like he has something to lose.

29 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I honestly have no idea how bad Bryce actually was this year. The line couldn't block and the receivers couldn't get open. The scheme Reich implemented was not a fit for literally anyone on the roster not named Adam Thielen - it made everyone look bad - it wasn't just Bryce and it wasn't just because of Bryce.

Next year we'll see what we actually have with the kid. If he continues to not be able to put up stats, lick our wounds, move on for the 2025 draft.

I cannot in good faith label him a complete bust based on the dysfunction that was our offense this year.

Thats understandable...but regardless of what happens in the off season Bryce still needs to show some type of improvement next year. We cannot look at evaluations of the draft and FA and make self-determinations that what was done isnt good enough for bryce to succeed. BRYCE STILL NEEDS TO SHOW some type of GROWTH from last season. This cannot become a carousel every year of the roster not being good enough for him.

6 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Young was difficult to watch. The most alarming problem that cropped up was his horrendous deep ball. Then I started to notice that there was low velocity on his passes, another worrying problem. The ball would hang out there to dry and I'd lean forward, my eyes widening, expecting a pick 6. It then accrued to me that Young reminded me of Drew Brees after his arm weakened from old age, but minus the fast processing mind. The QB I was told was some sort of wunderkind savant was actually not anything close to that.

I don't know what the future holds for Young, but at this point things are looking grim.

I think problem with him generating velocity is poor foot work.  He's essentially throwing on his toes, instead of planting his back foot.  But I think he's doing it to overcome his heigh problem so he can see/throw over the line.  Either way, it's not good but I think his arm is strong if he can set his feet which is why he seems to throw with more velocity through open passing lanes. 

15 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Blech.

I think I'd be happy if stroud wins the super bowl this year.  The more things that make tepper look like a moron the better.  It's all I have to look forward to in terms of the panthers

• Pie 2
  • The D 1
  • Flames 1

32 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Honestly, I can pinpoint seeing this photo as the exact moment I went from cautiously optimistic to mildly concerned. Pre-season Week 1 was when the concern level started spiking.

this isn't as bad as the picture of him with nicole tepper where she has far more muscle on her arms than him 

4 minutes ago, NAS said:

I think problem with him generating velocity is poor foot work.  He's essentially throwing on his toes, instead of planting his back foot.  But I think he's doing it to overcome his heigh problem so he can see/throw over the line.  Either way, it's not good but I think his arm is strong if he can set his feet which is why he seems to throw with more velocity through open passing lanes. 

It's also the NFL though, most top tier prospects have the arm talent to get mustard on throws without an ideal setup.  Because often in the NFL, your QB is simply going to have to still make plays without getting set.  

I think Bryce can get better.  I think he can be a decent starter potentially.  But his ceiling will forever be low and overly dependent on his environment (vs the caliber of player you generally expect with what we invested). 

• Pie 1

Our next QB better be able to throw a nerf ball through a brick wall. Enough of this depressing jump pass noodle arm BS. 

He fooled me with the GB game. It was one of those everything went right so he looked good games. My dad used to say that ‘even turkey can fly in a stiff breeze.’ Its even funnier in a thick Jamaican accent. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1