• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interview requests

Mr. Scot

4 hours ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

I hope the entire interview committee is telling all these prospective candidates that we're obviously giving Bryce all of 2024. But without improvement we can start looking for replacements as early as 2025. If we're pitching this job that it's Bryce or bust I'm staying far away. And I'm someone that hasn't been near as critical of Bryce as most of this board has, I still have hope for him. But we need to see improvement next year.

This gets at why I think this job could be somewhat more attractive than popular thought. Young was a pretty popular prospect and I doubt we’ve reached a point where confident (read: narcissistic) coaches think they can’t make it work with him. But even if it doesn’t work out then the next coach likely gets another swing at it in the draft (unless they mail it in like Reich). On the other hand choosing a team like Washington and struggling with a Maye or Williams means that coach likely won’t get another shot at it. That and knowing Tepper will not be outbid makes me think Carolina is in a somewhat stronger position than some want to think or admit.

• Pie 2

All this talk of coaches is great but none of it matters unless Tepper gets the GM part right. You cant make lemonade from oranges.

I think the hire is going to be something funky, during the interview Tepper has to be making it clear he wants Bryce developed I don't see how anyone with options agrees. Money can make someone say I agree.

24 minutes ago, Solaris said:

This gets at why I think this job could be somewhat more attractive than popular thought. Young was a pretty popular prospect and I doubt we’ve reached a point where confident (read: narcissistic) coaches think they can’t make it work with him. But even if it doesn’t work out then the next coach likely gets another swing at it in the draft (unless they mail it in like Reich). On the other hand choosing a team like Washington and struggling with a Maye or Williams means that coach likely won’t get another shot at it. That and knowing Tepper will not be outbid makes me think Carolina is in a somewhat stronger position than some want to think or admit.

So much about the value of our job hinges on Tepper.

But if you truly think he’s going to change his approach our job isn’t uniquely bad. You get to build a roster more or less from the ground up. For example, if the Eagles fire Sirianni good fuging luck to whoever inherits that team. An aging roster with ownership that expects immediate results.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

I'm not taking Tepper's side or anything but I still can't believe we're acting like Reich was done dirty or something.

He took a 7 win team and turned it into without a doubt the worst team in franchise history while also never showing any sort of emotion or desire to be here. Coaches get fired after one year all the time. Urban freaking Meyer won more games. Reich was a disaster and his dismissal was beyond warranted.

He kinda was, though.

A lot of what ended up going wrong started with the team interfering in his staff choices instead of just letting him hire whoever he wanted.

To be clear, he made enough of his own mistakes that he deserve to be fired, but it's also true that he was set up to fail.

9 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

This. Absolutely insane. Now, if they said no and our team is to embarrassed to put that out there, thats one thing, but I still think they should let it be known so they don’t get anymore of a bad rep. You’re not gonna try for the three best coaches available, ones that would do what rappaport said Tepper wanted…cmon

7 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

This. Absolutely insane. Now, if they said no and our team is to embarrassed to put that out there, thats one thing, but I still think they should let it be known so they don’t get anymore of a bad rep. You’re not gonna try for the three best coaches available, ones that would do what rappaport said Tepper wanted…cmon

Idk seems pretty obvious we are not targeting a long tenured retread. Not saying it’s the right move but seems we have a plan and the advisory board is driving that and not wavering from it. 

• Pie 3

10 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Idk seems pretty obvious we are not targeting a long tenured retread. Not saying it’s the right move but seems we have a plan and the advisory board is driving that and not wavering from it. 

I wouldn’t consider Harbaugh a retread. The other two sure, but they are still good coaches more qualified than anyone else. 

I mean, we heard it’s gonna be someone on the younger side and so far that’s been the theme plus we know Bill and Jim want full control (don’t know what Vrabel wants) but Rhule burned any chance ever of a coach having final say over everything.

Edited by Panthercougar68