• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interview requests

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, Castavar said:

I'm confident to say that whatever GM/HC combo Tepper picks will be the wrong one, as he's shown that every decision he's made has been a disaster since becoming our owner.

hes got to lucky...right???

They put out the list themselves

CHARLOTTE — The Panthers have submitted a list of requests for interviews with nine coaching candidates so far on Monday.

The Panthers have requested permission to interview the following coaches:

— Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson
— Texans offensive coordinator Bobby Slowik
— Bengals offensive coordinator Brian Callahan
— Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn
— Ravens defensive coordinator Mike Macdonald
— Dolphins offensive coordinator Frank Smith
— Rams defensive coordinator Raheem Morris
— Ravens offensive coordinator Todd Monken
— Buccaneers offensive coordinator Dave Canales

https://www.panthers.com/news/panthers-coaching-search-update-2024?fbclid=IwAR35Mf2HcwBx0DgHW2kIrom6KiZ7Jmmvucm6Xcc4ozAcWnHghIIVwFxYDdE

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, nctommy said:

CHARLOTTE — The Panthers have submitted a list of requests for interviews with nine coaching candidates so far on Monday.

https://www.panthers.com/news/panthers-coaching-search-update-2024?fbclid=IwAR35Mf2HcwBx0DgHW2kIrom6KiZ7Jmmvucm6Xcc4ozAcWnHghIIVwFxYDdE

@Panthercougar68 Basically all of these *coaches* are in the playoffs right now. My question remains.

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Not feeling great about Tepper requesting interviews with GM's and HC's. Just feels like he's gonna hodge podge together another random duo. A GM that will do whatever he wants along with whatever HC he can throw enough money at to come here for a pay day. I feel like he should stick to hiring a VP/GM that isn't gonna be his little bitch and then let them work from there

The reports are tepper loves 'yes' men types. With all of these "analytics" types, feels like he wants to hire himself or the younger version. I still remember during the rhule hire- " he was a short order cook like me, he dresses sloppy like me, hes form the northeast" etc.... 

does tepper have any friends, feels like hes trying to hire them. He and fittererererrre were always together, hmmmm. 

• Beer 2

One name that is interesting that is not there is 

Kellen Moore 

of course when he left Dallas their O got better and San Diego’s O got worse with his arrival

but he was a 2 interview guy with ole Dave last year 

ti be very honest, I look at that Ravens defense and say ‘come in down ‘ 

I do not see the lions or Texans OC  leaving what they have for this dumpster fire 

most likely the Bucs or bengals OC.  I believe I read the Dolphins guy doesn’t call plays  

Edited by raleigh-panther

11 minutes ago, nctommy said:

Great list, I don't want Monken though. Too old, college thing, Lamar doesn't need an OC to look good. 

7 minutes ago, nctommy said:

I only care for johnson, smith, and my last years darkhorse morris.

Given the focus is offense, its down to frank smith or ben johnson.

I got to do some research and thinking, but right now Id lean towards smith. 

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

It will be interesting to see what happens….to date I feel Tepper tends to do polar opposites after each firing 

Ron to Rhule then Rhule to Frank

Hurney to Fitt

So per my calculations we should end up with Dabo Sweeney and Joe Person 

Wouldn't surprise me if he went for a yes man GM and back to another college coach but this time he himself has more experience so he can explain to the college guy how things work around his building. 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I only care for johnson, smith, and my last years darkhorse morris.

Given the focus is offense, its down to frank smith or ben johnson.

I got to do some research and thinking, but right now Id lean towards smith. 

How can it be down to anyone? Lol. They haven’t even interviewed these people.