• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers will prioritize HC then pair him with a bright new sexy boy GM

4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I have no idea why Tepper wants to put the cart before the horse again. Maybe all he wants from the GM anyways is to just say yes?

Maybe it works out but I get the feeling something is wrong with his approach. We could already have a GM if he just fired Fritters when he fired Frank. Not thrilled with the idea of another HC with too much power again. 

Might be they want to go ahead a hire evero and take his input on who he wants to work with. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

so fuging stupid. we need an elite talent evaluator GM and we need that guy to choose a HC that fits his vision for the roster and how he'll build it out with the talent he finds. OR give Harbaugh the keys to the franchise to do whatever he wants and bring in whoever he wants

• Beer 2

Seems logical to hire coach first who should dictate the type of offense and defense they want to run then let them help determine the person they think they could work best with to achieve their vision. Especially if you have search firm or consultant assisting in the interview process anyways.

• Pie 3

I'll wait and see how this plays out first.  No guarantee this is what is going to happen, and even if it is, it all just depends on the hires.  Are we going to like the GM less just because he got hired after the HC?  Or vice versa?

I don't think anyone actually knows and is just spit-balling.  But we'll see.  We'd be far from the first team to go HC first then GM.  

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Might be they want to go ahead a hire evero and take his input on who he wants to work with. 

That sounds awful all the way around but OK. It's not like they couldn't do both at the same time and put both in a room before making it official. 

If it is Evero I have a hard time not seeing him as one and done also. Plus he didn't take the interim job. IDK, it's already getting weird. 

12 minutes ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

Tepper will be scraping the bottom of the barrel unless he’s paying 50mm per. Why anyone accomplished would want a talentless offensive roster and a veruca salt demanding owner? Maybe a few dinners with Bryce can close a deal with Ben J

Some people like challenges.

15 minutes ago, GarthMcGrath said:

Seems logical to hire coach first who should dictate the type of offense and defense they want to run then let them help determine the person they think they could work best with to achieve their vision. Especially if you have search firm or consultant assisting in the interview process anyways.

I liked the way Adam Gold posed it on Mac and Bone this morning. Who is more important: the GM or the HC?

The HC is the one who dictates philosophy of offense/defense and then it’s the GM’s job to go find the pieces

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

25 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Vrabel has had 2 straight losing seasons.

Also he's a lock to replace BB in New England.

And before that he was coach of the year with 4 straight winning seasons for a mediocre titans team. He’s a good coach 

23 minutes ago, Tbe said:

I know everyone is saying wrong order, but this is the modern NFL. 

Coaches run the show now. The GM is just there for talent procurement and doing what the coaches want.

100% correct

besides having the coach be part of selecting his GM is the only way Panthers have a shot of luring anyone to this job  

• Pie 2