• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Wildcard Weekend - Games Thread

4 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Cause the stadium is old as fug if I remember correctly. 

Sure but those things are getting work done on them every couple of years anyways. BOA has had a few face lifts itself. I still guess it's just cheaper and easier to pay fans to do it. If the Bills aren't using it for more than football games in the winter then it probably is just a waste of money for them. Unless they can't get it cleared enough to put butts in seats at game time which is not a bet I would make. GB clears their stadium regularly like that and hasn't missed any games that I am aware of with tons of snow over the years. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Ya I meant on the concrete behind the seat not on the back of the seats themselves. But then I guess you gotta worry about it icing if the radiant heat isn’t hot enough. Which would also be a big lawsuit issue. 

It’s also rendered useless when the temps get low enough.  (Coming from an architect that does primarily CA/Field QC work) snowmelt type coil systems can only do so much and are built for flatwork. 

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

It’s also rendered useless when the temps get low enough.  (Coming from an architect that does primarily CA/Field QC work) snowmelt type coil systems can only do so much and are built for flatwork. 

Ya I don’t have that knowledge, I’ve studied the stuff they put under roads and sidewalks in Japan but that’s a whole system built, I just think there’s gotta be some more effective way so people don’t freeze to death sitting in snow for 3-4 hours. 

4 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Please tell me the Buffalo snow game will still happen. Would love to see a real snow game in the playoffs.

unfortunately doesn't look like it'll be snowing. they shouldn't have moved the game, if it happened yesterday it would've been one of the best sporting events in history just for those conditions

• Pie 1