• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Wildcard Weekend - Games Thread

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Yikes. Yeah, not sure why he signed up for that after taking Washington to the national championship game.

It's the same concern I'd have going to the Seahawks with Carroll evidently staying with the organization a different role. That's gonna make for a weird dynamic.

Cos his Washington recruiting class is like #38 and they're returning 4 starters - dude is walking away when his stock is highest. That Huskies team is going to crater. 

4 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Cos his Washington recruiting class is like #38 and they're returning 4 starters - dude is walking away when his stock is highest. That Huskies team is going to crater. 

This season would've given them a huge recruiting boost and made them a prime time destination for portal kids. Saban's shadow was gonna loom huge over whoever took that job without him literally being there staring over their shoulder. I just don't see how that's gonna work at all.

6 minutes ago, UnluckyforSome said:

Regarding the Alabama job, somebody has to be the guy after the guy. Never an easy spot to be in though.

Seems someone on staff is a reasonable route. Then when it doesn't work out it's easy to move on and it's super appealing again to outsiders

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This season would've given them a huge recruiting boost and made them a prime time destination for portal kids. Saban's shadow was gonna loom huge over whoever took that job without him literally being there staring over their shoulder. I just don't see how that's gonna work at all.

ENSD is early December - most of the best players are signed up before the National Championship is played.

He's clearly not a very good recruiter. 

1 minute ago, csx said:

Seems someone on staff is a reasonable route. Then when it doesn't work out it's easy to move on and it's super appealing again to outsiders

Saturdaydownsouth.com spilled a bunch of digital ink on how it would/should/could be Lane Kiffin. I guess there wasn't anyone real worthy on staff since those that might have been qualified already moved on to other programs.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

Im nothing like them. Im the ultra rare type of doing what I say. I mean Ive stopped following the NFL as a whole. Im 100% panther fan, just happen to keep up with NFL with the bit and pieces I get following panthers. Well, given my spending, i truly dont matter to the NFL....

Sorry I wasn’t lumping u in with those morons. I’m just saying people are addicted to the NFL.  It is a force.