Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Houston talent


 Share

Recommended Posts

The thought by many was Bryce was doing it all at Alabama despite having no talent at WR and CJ had super talented WRs who carried him.  It seems some people still believe this, it is a false narrative then and now

  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

I guess that I just listen and read different things than other people---admittedly my wife says that I'm truly fanatical about the NFL. People have discussed Collins breaking out for the last couple of seasons. He was never an unknown quantity to NFL types. 

People have said the same exact thing about Chark, TMJ, etc. remember the offseason posts about how TMJ had like the highest average yards per catch over some period?

The point is Nico didn't break out until Stroud...

  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, mav1234 said:

People have said the same exact thing about Chark, TMJ, etc. remember the offseason posts about how TMJ had like the highest average yards per catch over some period?

The point is Nico didn't break out until Stroud...

Collins' breakout was due to having a legit QB. On another team, he would've been broken out. Don't get me wrong, Stroud looks to be an excellent QB, but he isn't the only good QB in the league that can get the rock to his receivers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Stroud is a special talent. Point blank. No if, ands or buts. In hindsight, should have been the pick. 

Now that's out of the way. Houston's weapons are playing at a very high level. They are constantly open and constantly have high yards after the catch. A lot of those are very short routes and screens. That isn't because the QB delivered a catchable ball in stride. That's just an explosive player making a play. 

And maybe those guys weren't highly touted prior to the season and are overachieving. But that is due partly to the QB, partly to the offensive line holding up, and mostly (in my opinion) due to scheme and playcalling. 

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, mav1234 said:

Nobody would have mistaken Nico Collins for a true difference maker before Stroud... Before the season started plenty of people thought our weapons were better than theres...

I agree below is his stats before Stroud.  He was an afterthought stroud powered him to his best year ever by far.  Texans receivers on paper at the beginning of the year looked arguably worse than the panthers at the beginning of the year, but a great QB makes things happen. 

image.png.45f51447acf86520eef3187f77fa7071.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, fanpanther said:

I agree below is his stats before Stroud.  He was an afterthought stroud powered him to his best year ever by far.  Texans receivers on paper at the beginning of the year looked arguably worse than the panthers at the beginning of the year, but a great QB makes things happen. 

image.png.45f51447acf86520eef3187f77fa7071.png

And you can do this for the others, too. For the most part.

Before this season Nico Collins never had a 100 yard game in the NFL.

In 5 years with the Cowboys Dalton Schultz never had a 100 yard game in the NFL. This year Dalton Schultz matched every stats he had in Dallas last year or bettered it. More catches on less targets for more yards. 

Nobody saw Tank Dell doing what he did this year. Absolute monster season by a third round WR. 

In 5 years with the Cowboys Noah Brown never had a 100 yard game in the NFL. He had his most productive NFL year this season and now has a new season high in yards. 7th rounder. 

By the way, none of the Dell, Collins, Brown or Schultz played in all 17 games this year. None of them played 16. So they put up all these stats despite missing two games on the season at a minimum. Brown played just 10 and Dell played 11. The other two played 15. 

Against the same Browns team they just walloped in the playoffs, without Stroud, the Texans attempted 49 passes for just 178 passing yards. Only Dalton went over 50 yards receiving. In the game against the Titans without Stroud it took them 36 passes to get 229 yards. It's not a matter of having any other QB out there. Stroud makes a difference. They didn't forget how to get open for the games he wasn't out there. They didn't not get properly schemed. It was terrible play calls all of a sudden. You still need the guy out there reading the field, moving in the pocket, and hitting his targets downfield. 

  • Pie 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Varking said:

And you can do this for the others, too. For the most part.

Before this season Nico Collins never had a 100 yard game in the NFL.

In 5 years with the Cowboys Dalton Schultz never had a 100 yard game in the NFL. This year Dalton Schultz matched every stats he had in Dallas last year or bettered it. More catches on less targets for more yards. 

Nobody saw Tank Dell doing what he did this year. Absolute monster season by a third round WR. 

In 5 years with the Cowboys Noah Brown never had a 100 yard game in the NFL. He had his most productive NFL year this season and now has a new season high in yards. 7th rounder. 

By the way, none of the Dell, Collins, Brown or Schultz played in all 17 games this year. None of them played 16. So they put up all these stats despite missing two games on the season at a minimum. Brown played just 10 and Dell played 11. The other two played 15. 

Against the same Browns team they just walloped in the playoffs, without Stroud, the Texans attempted 49 passes for just 178 passing yards. Only Dalton went over 50 yards receiving. In the game against the Titans without Stroud it took them 36 passes to get 229 yards. It's not a matter of having any other QB out there. Stroud makes a difference. They didn't forget how to get open for the games he wasn't out there. They didn't not get properly schemed. It was terrible play calls all of a sudden. You still need the guy out there reading the field, moving in the pocket, and hitting his targets downfield. 

Spot on if the panthers had made stroud the pic reich is still head coach and they are in the playoffs this year.  If texans had taken young they win 3 or 4 games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/14/2024 at 1:14 PM, Score Board said:

I can’t believe we have to go another season with a midget at quarterback 

It's the best course of action for our situation, though.

Give him a good QB coach and. Good OC that can give him a chance to develop and if Bryce still can't do it, use your early first rounder in 2025.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

It's the best course of action for our situation, though.

Give him a good QB coach and. Good OC that can give him a chance to develop and if Bryce still can't do it, use your early first rounder in 2025.

Yeah this is the only path forward, honestly. Get the best possible surrounding cast in terms of players and coaches and if he still can't hack it then we move on with a high pick. 

  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


  • PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • ManUP Gummies Australia || https://supplementcarts.com/manup-gummies-australia/ ManUP Gummies Australia Paying little heed to how old you can't avoid being, you won't have to worry about any sexual issues any more since we give these pills, which are prepared for giving you staggering and strong sexual concurrence. Your sexual issues, for instance, troublesome release and minor penis condition, will go, and you will really need to have a mindful relationship with your accessory at whatever stage throughout everyday life. ManUP Gummies Australia Male Improvement is a mix of splendid typical parts that have been sensibly turned out to be helpful for the treatment of sexual difficulties in a very concise timeframe, so sexual troubles won't be a concern for you directly following taking it.   Facebook:- https://www.facebook.com/ManUP.Gummies.Australia.Official/   More Relative Blogs https://zenodo.org/records/11656221 https://manup-gummiesaustralia.webflow.io/ https://manup-gummiesaustralia.jimdosite.com/ https://manup-gummiesaustralia.mystrikingly.com/ https://sites.google.com/view/manup-gummiesaustralia/ https://groups.google.com/g/mailingpostfixusers/c/g3ue3vTvDUA https://blog.rackons.in/manup-gummies-australia-risk-free-at-all-time https://www.instagram.com/manup_gummies_australia/ https://manup-gummies-australia-1.jimdosite.com/ https://manupgummiesaustralia.godaddysites.com/ https://sites.google.com/view/manupgummies-australia/ https://manup-gummies-australia-official.mystrikingly.com/ https://manup-gummies-australia-3095fb.webflow.io/ https://www.daddycow.ie/blogs/view/20100 https://manup-gummies-australia-725f73.webflow.io/ https://sites.google.com/view/man-up-gummies-australia/ https://manup-gummies-australia-2.jimdosite.com/ https://manupgummiesaustralia.mystrikingly.com/ https://zenodo.org/records/11655830 https://manup-gummies-australia-reivews.company.site/ https://manupgummiesaustralia9.godaddysites.com/ https://sites.google.com/view/manupgummiesaustralia/ https://zenodo.org/records/11656183 https://manup-gummies-australia-3.jimdosite.com/ https://solo.to/myrtlemulleno https://manup-gummies-australia-976073.webflow.io/ https://soundcloud.com/voreamorte/manup-gummies-australia-official-get-it-now https://www.yepdesk.com/manup-gummies-australia-reviews-top-rated-genuine-expense- https://winter-supplement.blogspot.com/2024/06/manup-gummies-australia-100-quality.html https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/manup-gummies-australia-100-quality-check-aa795d92fd504f9e97f5935669feb276 https://medium.com/@manup-gummies-australia/manup-gummies-australia-hype-alert-my-experience-2024-d79d29b1448c https://manup-gummies-australia.hashnode.dev/manup-gummies-australia-critical-warning-for-men-know-the-facts-before-buying https://ergologic.microsoftcrmportals.com/el-GR/forums/general-discussion/98734138-472a-ef11-a81c-000d3aab1134 https://community.goldencorral.com/news/manup-gummies-australia-reviews-hidden-truth-reveal-get-it-now https://www.daddycow.ie/blogs/view/20104/manup-gummies-australia-report-2024-shocking-price
    • reading comprehension is hard. you even highlighted it, and still didn’t get it.
    • Yes because nothing happens in the offseason. What a masterful take. Thankfully all the football stuff happens from September to February. Wait didn't they just have something recently? Even an Injury and some contract drama? Nope, couldn't be. There is nothing happening at this time of year according to you.
×
×
  • Create New...