• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Definitely Chose the Wrong QB

Calboyz13

2 hours ago, BrisbanePanther said:

Agree, which is why I've been harping on the franchise itself rather than just Bryce. He's the worst #1 pick QB since maybe Couch, but Carolina as a franchise is the worst structurally flawed franchise in all of sports, and maybe one of the worst (if not THE worst) of all time. We've had a handful of good seasons over the years but that's like a grain of rice staving off starvation. It was always going to collapse. Now it has.

Think that's a bit dire.  We're at the bottom but we'll be back.  Hell maybe it will all be for the best and we'll trip and fall our way into a generational QB in 25.

• Pie 1

The story on Bryce is not written. 

Am thrilled for Stroud and the Texans. 

I don't hold anything against the Panther decision making. They picked their guy.  They believe in him. I certainly haven't given up on Bryce.  

I know most will always compare the 2.  I have no desire to.  

Our teams problems this last season were much bigger than just our rookie QB. 

11 hours ago, ComebackCam said:

It was .. the NFL media can feed an ignorant fan anything .. I'm sure many teams would've loved Young

So you’re saying that all the reporting on this that Bryce was probably QB1 on most teams boards was a lie?

Okay, buddy. This is a weird hill to die on. 

Go back and watch those pre-draft videos with our scouting department.  “Point guard” and “Elite Processor” gets repeated over and over and over. And then S2 with Stroud.

That’s the definition of “Group Think” and it carried over into our fanbase for real.

• Pie 7
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

The story on Bryce is not written. 

Am thrilled for Stroud and the Texans. 

I don't hold anything against the Panther decision making. They picked their guy.  They believe in him. I certainly haven't given up on Bryce.  

I know most will always compare the 2.  I have no desire to.  

Our teams problems this last season were much bigger than just our rookie QB. 

Define 'they', cos we've just sacked our HC and GM.

Do you mean Dave and Nicole?

22 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Define 'they', cos we've just sacked our HC and GM.

Do you mean Dave and Nicole?

GM

HC

QB coach

RB coach

Serious question I haven’t understood…why did Josh McCown (QB coach) and Duce Staley (RB coach) get fired the same day that Reich did?  Were all three tied at the hip?  Was it Bryce-related?  

McCown and Duce seem so promising as coaches.

It’s incredible all the money and “analytics” that goes into this bullshit just to bear witness to us outsmarting ourselves. The choice was so blatantly obvious to take Stroud. 

It just reeks of Tepper trying to put his “I’m a genius” stamp on the team by taking Young. In order for Young to be worth the trade he literally has to be THE statistical outlier for a QB his size and needs to be damn close to a hall of famer.

Edited by OneBadCat
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, Johnstonny said:

Whats this 'we' shitt, you got a tepper in your pocket?

You were probably in that gang of fans trying to run me off this board when we first drafted Young. I told everyone this was a huge ducking mistake taking this midget and 99% of this board pooed me or told me to go fick off and die but I stayed true to my message. Young was our savior you guys said.. So yeah, this fanbase deserves what it gets. 

• Pie 3

21 minutes ago, jasonluckydog said:

You were probably in that gang of fans trying to run me off this board when we first drafted Young. I told everyone this was a huge ducking mistake taking this midget and 99% of this board pooed me or told me to go fick off and die but I stayed true to my message. Young was our savior you guys said.. So yeah, this fanbase deserves what it gets. 

Never was a Bryce supporter....ever.