• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panther are the WCW of the NFL

2 hours ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

The coaching staff to David Tepper: “CJ Strouds looks to be the best prospect. We should draft him.”

Tepper: “That doesn’t work for me, brother.”

“Whoooooooo! Take the ride on space mountain, whoooooo!!!!”

10 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

I would love if the mods created a “wrestling” forum for us. I feel WWE is as hot as they have been since the attitude era. Honestly, they may be hotter. 

@rayzor @LinvilleGorge anyway to create wrestling forum above the tinderbox?  I think we have a market for it. 

Man, that would be awesome.  I love wrestling.  Wrestling is great.

Except for my wife, I have no one to talk wrestling with IRL and haven't found a good forum.  

Wrestling for me has a huge entertainment value.  Everyone knows it is scripted, but part of the appeal is watching it and hoping they reward one of your favorites.  WWE has really improved it's storytelling.  There are moments every now & then when I get pulled in and completely forget kayfabe exists.  THAT is the power of good storytelling.

And really one of my personal on-ramps to wrestling was Kevin Greene.  So, you know.. it's Panthers related..

• Pie 1

On 1/14/2024 at 12:34 PM, lightsout said:

Idk about WCW as a whole comparison, but we're definitely Sting

master wrestler GIF

I don’t know much about wrestling….but I know the Panthers aren’t Sting. 

• Pie 1

On 1/14/2024 at 1:54 PM, The Lobo said:

Oh man that’s a great comparison. Tepper does remind me of a wcw Bischoff. When they were beating WWF in the ratings for a long time, that was the panthers in 2015 era. Then a hard fall from grace…

Went from top of the world to bottom of the barrel in 6 years. Just like Tepper

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, CRA said:

I don’t know much about wrestling….but I know the Panthers aren’t Sting. 

If you knew Sting, you'd know two things about that reference.

Multiple times he pulled off a mask to reveal another Sting mask. Which parallels our lack of change, particularly recently. Also, his tag line of "the only thing for certain about Sting, is nothing is certain".

But no, the Panthers aren't iconic. Lol

9 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Remember when the WCW had that Sub Zero ripoff character for like a week in the 90s?  They were trying to capitalize on the popularity of Mortal Kombat.  His name was "glacier" or "blizzard" or something, I can't remember.

Glacier.

He was an unlockable player in WCW vs NWO on N64 IIRC .

They had some super silly gimmicks. Robocop as posted earlier, the Wizard of Oz who was just basically some extremely tall dude in a green suit, a mummy. A guy with dyslexia was also a gimmick.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, lightsout said:

If you knew Sting, you'd know two things about that reference.

Multiple times he pulled off a mask to reveal another Sting mask. Which parallels our lack of change, particularly recently. Also, his tag line of "the only thing for certain about Sting, is nothing is certain".

But no, the Panthers aren't iconic. Lol

Gotcha.  Didn’t get the reference. 

all I knew was Sting was super popular and the face of it  therefore it in that regard we were the anti Sting

• Beer 1