• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you want a Dan Campbell (leader of men) or Mike McDaniel (idiot savant) style of coach?

TheBigKat

It’s becoming more and more apparent there’s two types of coaches in the NFL

Leader of men:

Campbell, Tomlin, Harbaugh, Ryan, Pierce, Vrabel

Idiot savants X’ and O’s type:

Mcdaniel, O’Connell, Shanahan, McVay, LaFleur

Personally I think the NFL is moving towards the idiot savant style coaches who rely on the roster to be made of players that execute their gameplan. But when the tough gets going these coaches don’t have that grit ability to get the max out of their players, they and their team fold (McDaniels and Dolphins easily come to mind).

With where this franchise is at right now with personnel, I’d say this franchise needs more of a leader of men style coach then a X’s and O’s tactician which is why we won’t get a Ben Johnson style of coach

Depends on the coach. All of them have positives and negatives. McDaniels' negative is his immaturity. I don't know how that plays out long term because it can improve even with his base personality.

I'll take a caoch that can adapt and change over time because when they stop trying it's a sign that their time is up. McDaniels might need a Reid type move next to help him take that step so Miami might not be getting the best of him.

• Pie 1

I want Ben Johnson. If he’s in the Campbell coaching room he’s got the mentality and seems like he has the play calling chops. I don’t see Dan Campbell having someone on his team that isn’t bought in to the way he wants to do it. 

• Pie 1

50 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I want someone who wins.

Honestly don't give a rat's ass whether they do so while acting like John Wayne or Jerry Lewis.

I totally agree, just need a coach that will produce.

Funny though, the millennials and Gen Z’s are thinking who the f___ is this John Wayne and Jerry Lewis. 

• Pie 2