• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave Canales for HC!

philw5289

He's on the list of great options if Ben Johnson goes to Washington.

Between Macdonald, Slowik, Canales, and even Evero, I'm almost more interested in the "consolation prizes" than Johnson now.

• Beer 1

I think this is our guy. Dan Morgan as GM now makes this even more likely.

I'm ok with it. I like the guy, but that probably means he's going to suck.

Still there's a lot to be said for his effect on QBs and offenses. Also a lot to be said regarding Seattle's and Geno's decline after he left.

Plus the guy is a motivator/culture changer. Listen to him and he's got that mindset and charisma.

• Pie 4

I wonder how they play it? He's probably top of the list behind Johnson but with Johnson being the hot name and top choice for other teams do they interview Canales and keep him waiting until they see what Johnson does, or bite the bullet and hire him this week knowing Johnson likely goes elsewhere?

There's a risk if you make it obvious to Canales that he's the consolation prize that he just stays in Tampa for that extra year of experience.

He has a better resume than Ben Johnson and already has a relationship built with our new GM. If you want a young, offensive minded coach he should be the top candidate.

2 years as Qb coach Russel Wilson had 2 of his 3 best quarterback ratings.

2 years as passing game coordinator DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett both had fantastic seasons.

Goes back to QB coach and resurrects Geno Smith’s career.

Moves to Tampa as OC and does the same for Baker Mayfield.

None of the other offensive candidates have a 5 year stretch as impressive as that. If you want Bryce Young to have the best chance at being successful Canales is the man for the job.

• Pie 3