• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Bills got cute and didn’t get CMC, now that team needs to be blown up

TheBigKat

3 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

apparently, the two missed FG have nothing to do with why they lost by 3

If we're playing that game, the Chiefs giving the ball back on the 2-inch line would have made those field goals irrelevant anyway.

There is merit to OP's premise, as ludicrous as the notion of blowing the Bills up entirely is, and the Chiefs are Exhibit A. Moving from Smith to Mahomes was very risky at the time but they knew Smith wasn't going to get them there, so they made a move and it has worked out better than anyone there could have imagined. Could have bombed too but they were already not winning SBs, so why not take a calculated risk?

I’m sure the fact that half their defense being injured had nothing to do with the 3-point loss. 

I’m a CMC apologist but their run game has been solid the second half of the year. 

Edited by WarHeel
  • Pie 1

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Put yourself in the shoes of a Bills fan. KC just has their number right now. Plain and simple. You gotta do something to try to change that. I don't know if that's firing McDermott but they definitely need some changes.

Yes, personnel upgrades.  It's not like the Chiefs have sat on their hands saying ' with the Mahomes and Reid combo, we are fine.' The Bills obviously have the staff to get them where they need to go, they simply need some better execution....like not missing FGs.

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Yes, personnel upgrades.  It's not like the Chiefs have sat on their hands saying ' with the Mahomes and Reid combo, we are fine.' The Bills obviously have the staff to get them where they need to go, they simply need some better execution....like not missing FGs.

Or not playing to win by FGs...

I will take Reid over McD any day. Deffensive based guys play not to lose and offensive based guys play to win. McD has primed that team like Dungey did and now they need a Gruden to get them over the hump.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

What makes that so obvious?

2 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

Carolina would have possibly fared better than a bunch of 2-5picks having another first

Bills got cheap and thought they can do without CMC, it showed last night that it all fell on Allen, that team needs to be blown up now

SF goes to NFCCG

another fail by Fitterer and the Panthers North team

the Bills' dirt cheap RB finished #3 in yards from scrimmage.  

last night showed a kicker needs to make kicks.  and WRs need to catch balls.  and being healthy on D would have helped. 

Blow it up? Why would you blow up something that works. 

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What makes that so obvious?

Making the playoffs 6 of the past 7 years in a typically strong division and the stronger conference is enough for me. They will get over the hump.  Nearly twenty years of futility before McDermott took over, so 'blowing it up' because you now have the Chefs as the new Patriots as a stumbling block is dumb.  It's just going to take that one season to get past the Chiefs and they should win it all, because the NFC is soft and has been for a number of years.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Or not playing to win by FGs...

I will take Reid over McD any day. Deffensive based guys play not to lose and offensive based guys play to win. McD has primed that team like Dungey did and now they need a Gruden to get them over the hump.

The Bills don't have that option, so they blow it up just because?

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Making the playoffs 6 of the past 7 years in a typically strong division and the stronger conference is enough for me. They will get over the hump.  Nearly twenty years of futility before McDermott took over, so 'blowing it up' because you now have the Chefs as the new Patriots as a stumbling block is dumb.  It's just going to take that one season to get past the Chiefs and they should win it all, because the NFC is soft and has been for a number of years.

I'm not advocating for "blowing it up" but trust and believe if you were a Bills fan right now you're seriously questioning whether McD can get you over the hump. Remember when most Panthers fans wanted Shula poo canned after we went 15-1, made a run to the SB, and Cam won the MVP? Most other NFL fans almost certainly thought we were crazy and that Shula was gonna be a HC somewhere the following season. Well, the majority of Panthers fans were absolutely right. Shula was trash.

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

The Bills don't have that option, so they blow it up just because?

Nope just hire a top offensive guy as a HC. They do have that option. Changing out the HC isn't blowing it up, it's their missing piece.