• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quite a dilemma the team is in....

Jmac

Posted in another thread, but what makes a candidate "qualified"? Was Matt LaFleur who had one year of playcalling experience directing the 27th ranked scoring offense a qualified candidate when the Packers hired him? Was Zac Taylor a qualified candidate when he was most immediately the QB coach for the Rams when hired by the Bengals? Was Dan Campbell a qualified candidate when he was the TE coach for the Saints when he was hired by the Lions? Hell, was Ben Johnson a supposed qualified candidate last offseason with one year as an OC (like Canales this offseason)? 

Edited by UNCrules2187
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

5 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Posted in another thread, but what makes a candidate "qualified"? Was Matt LaFleur who had one year of playcalling experience directing the 27th ranked scoring offense a qualified candidate when the Packers hired him? Was Zac Taylor a qualified candidate when he was most immediately the QB coach for the Rams when hired by the Bengals? Was Dan Campbell a qualified candidate when he was the TE coach for the Saints when he was hired by the Lions? Hell, was Ben Johnson a supposed qualified candidate last offseason with one year as an OC (like Canales this offseason)? 

Great point. We have no clue. Glad we got rid of Reich and Fitt, now I am excited for whoever we hire. 

5 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Brother this team is incredibly more than just a challenge. This team needs an exorcism and an enima to even begin the challenge. 

Sounds like the perfect case for some who wants to be considered one of the best.  Let's get him.on board already! 

I don't pretend to know the answer to turning this team around. None of us truly do. We have ideas. None of those ideas will be used. I know that much. 

I had a feeling when Richardson was forced to sell the team, that we'd all realize just how good of an owner he really was before this team started seeing a good turn around.  Didn't matter who bought the team. 

10 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Sounds like the perfect case for some who wants to be considered one of the best.  Let's get him.on board already! 

I don't pretend to know the answer to turning this team around. None of us truly do. We have ideas. None of those ideas will be used. I know that much. 

I had a feeling when Richardson was forced to sell the team, that we'd all realize just how good of an owner he really was before this team started seeing a good turn around.  Didn't matter who bought the team. 

We’ve never had a back to back winning season. Tepper being awful doesn’t raise Richardson into some god. 

• Pie 2

34 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

You would probably be better at fixing this than Tepper.  

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Some guys want the challenge of turning a franchise around.  

7 hours ago, Ship said:

There is no greater glory than being the coach to turn a franchise around. People with confidence pursue challenges against their abilities. Yes, plenty of people would want that opportunity. 

You guys are getting confused. The Panthers aren’t a challenge, they’re disfunction. It isn't pressure to turn things around, it’s frustration. Coaches are looking for a challenge but also want to be able to see themselves succeed. The challenges they seek lie in the team, not in battling the owner.

5 hours ago, PantherKyle said:

There's 32 jobs. We're going to get a good football coach. Just need the owner to f off.

We were also one of 32 teams the last two cycles. Can't say we got good coaches either time.

We'll get a coach. They won't be the big flashy name. They may or may not be sucessfull. 

Remember Dan Cambell was laughed here when he was hired.

The most important thing is to stop the hemoraging with terrible trades and drafing. Its been since 2020 that we had a draft pick worth a damn in Brown.

Edited by csx
  • Pie 2