• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vrabel interviewing with carolina Thursday

jamos14

2 hours ago, jamos14 said:

Yea but this isn't knowing about football.  

It's understanding your personality and organization and why it has failed.    I think he's seen where he has gotten in the way.  Otherwise this interview doesn't even happen.   

I agree with you and that's my point - it is about football, specifically him realizing he doesn't know jack and needs to get tf out of the way. He's done so much amage at this point that until we see it actually happen for an extended period of time, I'm not assuming that it will.

1 hour ago, The Lobo said:

To me, comparing Morris and Vrabel is unfair. Vrabel turned a bad team around and had four consecutive winning seasons, I don’t think Morris did that as a HC (at least that I can remember) 

Morris was pretty bad in Tampa in a number of ways. Bad enough they went out and hired Schiano to replace him. I know he might have been too young, or whatever, inexperienced, but he was bad. No thanks. We already suck.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, UnluckyforSome said:

Morris was pretty bad in Tampa in a number of ways. Bad enough they went out and hired Schiano to replace him. I know he might have been too young, or whatever, inexperienced, but he was bad. No thanks. We already suck.

like 14 years ago..... let it go lmao

I can see if it was in this current decade. People can grow, learn, and evolve. Especially over that span of time.

Just now, Steelo said:

like 14 years ago..... let it go lmao

I can see if it was in this current decade. People can grow, learn, and evolve. Especially over that span of time.

There is nothing to let go. Of course people can and do change. I wonder what the reason could be that no one has given him another shot at the head job in 14 years. So curious why another team hasn't let it go? Just a run of bad timing probably.

3 minutes ago, UnluckyforSome said:

There is nothing to let go. Of course people can and do change. I wonder what the reason could be that no one has given him another shot at the head job in 14 years. So curious why another team hasn't let it go? Just a run of bad timing probably.

The new thing is searching for the next McVay.  Which is cool for now, but the pendulum will swing and we'll see a run on the defensive guys like MacDonald, Morris, Graham, and Minter (if what I figure about him comes to fruition.) I think he can bring a lot and the McVay connections are good for staff building.  Would he be my #1 pick right now, no. I don't think so. I'd take him over guys like Dan Quinn and Frank Smith though

What Tepper should do is just hire a tough CEO coach like Vrabel and hand off all power to him and Morgan to make sweeping changes. But he won’t. It’s not a culture fit with the staffers currently occupying Mint street and Tepper lacks the willpower to fire them. They would be LIVID if we hired Vrabel. 

Vrabel has appeal for his leadership and emphasis on accountability and discipline. But he would need to find good offensive guys who can develop Young.

Besides losing, Reich was  fired in my opinion because he wasn't high on Young contrary to the public statements of support. Whoever we hire has to be all about developing Bryce Young or we won't pick them. The Teppers are all in on Young  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Steelo said:

The new thing is searching for the next McVay.  Which is cool for now, but the pendulum will swing and we'll see a run on the defensive guys like MacDonald, Morris, Graham, and Minter (if what I figure about him comes to fruition.) I think he can bring a lot and the McVay connections are good for staff building.  Would he be my #1 pick right now, no. I don't think so. I'd take him over guys like Dan Quinn and Frank Smith though

Yeah. All very true.

There are reasons beyond the win-loss record why they hired a strict authoritarian coach to follow. There are reasons why he hasn't gotten another head coach job, other than a brief interim stint. He has probably had lots of personal growth though.

• Pie 1

I’m sure it’s been mentioned, but it’s very appealing to think you could have Vrabel as a hard nosed coach, paired up with Arthur Smith (recently fired coach) who probably won’t get another Head Coaching gig for a few years. That would be huge for stability.