• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers closing in on hiring DAVE CANALES

Coheed

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

Deepest HC pool and we could only come up with a guy who has been carried by some of the top 5 WR rooms in the NFL?!

His own Dam former team didn’t even want to consider him for their opening

He was the WR coach for Seattle for a while. He helped find/build some of those WR rooms. 

• Pie 4
  • The D 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Deepest HC pool and we could only come up with a guy who has been carried by some of the top 5 WR rooms in the NFL?!

His own Dam former team didn’t even want to consider him for their opening

It’s certainly odd makes me think Bryce and tepper are not well regarded 

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Beer 1

Just now, TheSpecialJuan said:

That's definitely reason to be optimistic. Tbh the main thing separating Wilson on the Seahawks and Bryce Young was that Wilson could close his eyes and throw up a wobbler, and one of his WRs would actually break off his route and come back for the ball and come down with the catch. If BY did similar it would be ugly.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

I think this hire is very telling of who is calling the shots. It's no secret that Tepper wanted Ben Johnson, but for him to listen to Morgan wanting Canales maybe means he is leaving it up Morgan. I would have thought that they would at least wait for a second interview with Ben Johnson before deciding. 

Ben said no already I would bet

• Beer 2

4 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Panthers saw him orchestrate 9 points in the last game and were so blown away that they had to hire him. 

This is a knee jerk, impatient, and poor hire. I bet he is gone within two years. 

His offense also just orchestrated an average of 27.5ppg across two playoff games??

Edited by UNCrules2187
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1