• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers closing in on hiring DAVE CANALES

Coheed

16 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

You'd have to be a fool to think tepper doesn't have a hand in this.  Probably his wife too.

He’s the employer of course he does. But it was all Ben Johnson until Dan was promoted and suddenly his boy is the guy. What more proof do you need?

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Fine hire from a O perspective.  But we have to wait and see if Tepper is going to screw him and repeat his patterns.

if Ejiro, Tabor, Caldwell, all remain…..Tepper hasn’t learned anything.  Guy is pretty green so I could see Tepper wanting to build out his staff for him. 

I think it would be good if Evero stays.  I want the Canales/Evero combo then we can get a comp when Evero gets hired about another team in the future.

3 hours ago, Shocker said:

No head coaching experience on any level.  If this doesn’t at least give you pause it definitely should 

Umm what?  Ben Johnson is the guy everyone is wanting and he has no HC experience.  Sean McVay had no HC experience, Kyle Shanahan, John Harbaugh, and the list goes on.  3 of the 4 coaches left had no HC experience when they were hired by their current teams.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, PanthersFan1234 said:

Of course not, do you see other teams getting draft capital for after hiring a rooney rule candidate? No 

dude this is literally why i asked. because i didnt know and was unclear from googling it. calm yourself bro

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Word was they were pretty high on Callahan before the Titans got him. Hence why I fear we panicked here.

It also comes off as a "bidding against ourselves" sort of thing since no one else was pursuing him. There was no need to rush...but we did.

I hope it works, but it might be one of those cases of "more lucky than good".

My question is why do you feel it was rushed? We were not the first job to be filled. They obviously went through a process and selected someone they like. I understand it may be your interpretation with guys still on the board but communications I’m sure we’re going on behind the scenes. Plus, maybe they liked him more than anyone left. Is it right? Who knows? All coaching searches are crapshoots. I’m just curious as to what led you to the “rushed” statement.

I'm not going to poo the new coach whatever the hell his name is before he has even coached one day. Who knows, he could be the next great head coach and was an undiscovered gem. We cant predict and wont be able to  for a while anyhow but im not going to poo on an unknown until I see what happens. This is daddy Tepps third hire and hopefully he gets it right this time. I would have been more disappointed if he went the hire an old retread like Darth Belicheat so who knows what he got. At least we can have some optimism of some sort. I've was too down over this season about everything to be down any more. Life is too fugging short to be down about this when we don't even know the future yet. If Bryce poo's the bed again next year at least we get a top pick and new guy can pick his guy. Either way we are moving and trying to get better so I cant fault daddy Tepp for at least trying.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1