• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales Hire Temperature Gauge

How do you feel about the Canales Hire?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the Canales Hire?

• Love it!
    • Hate it!
    • Indifferent

58 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Why is Morgan the bigger issue? Experience? He and Canales worked together for years in Seattle. This hire was Morgan-led, so if your mindset is that Morgan is a puppet for Tepper ... so is Canales.

Lol...I am all in on Morgan and one of a few who  doesn't think he is a yes man.

He is the bigger issue because his role is more important right now leading up to the draft and free agency.There is no coaching going on so it's going to be a while before we can judge Canales.

He has produced at every stop. Im more concerned with good offense over flashy. Canales seems to be able to produce that. Playoff caliber offenses. Now can he create the right culture here and have buy in. Cannot have anothet softy like Rhule and Reich. This team needs an edge.

So I'm excited we have a head coach again!  I'm interested in Canales.  I like what I've seen about him but there are plenty of questions that remain.

Hopefully Tepper gives him the time to develop and we get the right players in place.

Let's keep the off season moving.  We'll see how it goes.  Hopefully well!

bottom line---Russell Wilson was good with him and bad in Denver, Geno Smith was pulled from the dumpster and is good, Baker--you know the story there.  He is the coach hired so that Tepper can save face with the Bryce selection--so he hired the horse whisperer.  He was my second choice, behind Vrabel, but I am not into the tall grass about this stuff like some of you dateless data divers.

Now the off season begins.  I would go after Fields and see what can be done there.   I would guess that he has more to work with than Geno Smith.  I think it would be very wise to have a plan B.

3 hours ago, Nate Dogg said:

What do y’all think about this? Idk much about him at all. Why is he considered a good offensive mind? 

IMG_3925.jpeg

Look where they were at mid season. They were probably ranked 28th or lower across the board. They were sitting at 4-7 at one point before they figured out their running game. 

Why is he considered a good hire? See: Smith, Geno 2022 season and Mayfield, Baker 2023 season.