• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Assistant Coach Chatter

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, PanthersGTI said:

The last thing we need to a split in the locker room. If he doesn't want to be here you have to let him go. 

Eh, I'm cool with us granting him permission to seek out a trade, but he's under contract for $3m. He's being paid very well. There's enough DC openings that someone may throw us a mid-late round pick to secure his services. I'm not letting him out of a contract he signed just because he's unhappy.

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, Daeavorn said:

Also if we keep him here another year and then he gets a HC job we get a compensatory pick.

This is true but we simply can’t force the man to stay if he wants to go elsewhere. Not a good look for an organization that already has a tarnished image, it could potentially divide the locker room and sabotage the season of our rookie HC. Best case scenario would be trading him to the highest bidder for draft capital and keep it moving. 

• Pie 1

I think they are waiting for Seattle and Washington to make their decision, and I think he is back here if they don't pick him. Denver last year wanted someone different. I imagine Canales, being all offense, would love to have Evero back

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, Daeavorn said:

Also if we keep him here another year and then he gets a HC job we get a compensatory pick.

We're going to add to the already dysfunctional reputation and environment we have amongst coaches and league people just so we can get one year of service from a coach who doesn't want to be here and an extra third round pick?

Does this really sound like a good trade-off to everybody?

It's not like we're talking about this year being a Super Bowl run or something.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 4

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

We're going to add to the already dysfunctional reputation and environment we have amongst coaches and league people just so we can get one year of service from a coach who doesn't want to be here and an extra third round pick?

Does this really sound like a good trade-off to everybody?

It's not like we're talking about this year being a Super Bowl run or something.

I just question that he doesn’t want to be here. He also seem very professional. I think it is all speculation from media as usual. It might have some substance, but I’m not convinced.

• Pie 5

6 minutes ago, Martin said:

I just question that he doesn’t want to be here. He also seem very professional. I think it is all speculation from media as usual. It might have some substance, but I’m not convinced.

Given the environment around the team last season, it's not really difficult to believe.

We're basically also asking him to start over with a rookie head coach when guys he's got history with are way further along and in a much better position.

And I mean, he walks next year anyway. Unless we think there's some kind of magic coming this season or we're somehow going to draft an MVP level player with that compensatory third rounder, what's the point of saddlng a rookie coach with a disgruntled DC?

• Pie 3

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Given the environment around the team last season, it's not really difficult to believe.

We're basically also asking him to start over with a rookie head coach when guys he's got history with are way further along and in a much better position.

And I mean, he walks next year anyway. Unless we think there's some kind of magic coming this season or we're somehow going to draft an MVP level player with that compensatory third rounder, what's the point of saddlng a rookie coach with a disgruntled DC?

He just doesn’t strike me as the disgruntled type. He’s super professional and focused. But obviously I don’t know for sure.

11 minutes ago, magnus said:

If it's me, and I'm just some guy, but if Evero does not want to be here, I would rather start building with a staff that will be here long term. 

Ditto, and I think that's something Canales would like to shoot for as well

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, KBRed said:

Is it known that he doesn’t want to be here, or is it just speculation? I haven’t had time to keep up. 

I think it's speculation stemming from him being passed over for the HC job... him leaving wouldn't increase his odds of getting a HC job imo.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1