• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Introductory Press Conference

52 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

So how much worse of a hire does this make canales, given what his offense did against evero?

all depends how you look at it. 

maybe part of the reason the D sort of oddly stood out in that cherry picked example.....was practically all the defensive players played with the opposing QB just a few short months ago.  Who knows. 

All I know is, I can't call the 2023 Panthers D top 5 with a straight face.  

32nd takeaways

32nd in sacks

#1 in missed tackles

30th in pressure %

29th in points allowed. 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

honestly, what I watched did not give me the warm and fuzzies. I fear both Dan and Dave C will be gone in 2 years

Al Golden gave an amazing introductory press conference at Miami and he couldn't find his ass with two hands and a flashlight.

Rhule was pretty inspiring too when he got up to the pulpit.

I'm reserving judgement - I'm not really looking for a great public speaker, just a great talent evaluator and a great leader. That doesn't show in a press conference.

• Pie 2

Just now, CRA said:

maybe part of the reason the D sort of oddly stood out in that cherry picked example.....was practically all the defensive players played with the opposing QB just a few short months ago.  Who knows. 

32nd takeaways

32nd in sacks

#1 in missed tackles

30th in pressure %

29th in points allowed. 

It wasn't Top 5, it was middle of the pack. However talent wise it was dead last. Evero did a very credible job.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

It wasn't Top 5, it was middle of the pack. However talent wise it was dead last. Evero did a very credible job.

I merely argue, Ejiro who is a decent coach, is being inflated given how bad everything else was last year. 

and I think Ejiro nor our new HC have much of a choice about how things are going in 2024.  Tepper paired them.  And Tepper is pairing Jim Caldwell ONCE AGAIN.....to be his eyes and ears.   

I give this HC 2 years tops.  It's more of the same.  Bad or forced marriages.  We needed a clean slate and new life.   Tepper is just doing another variation of what he did with Frank.....and too many of the people part of the nightmare have been the voices "fixing" things. 

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I merely argue, Ejiro who is a decent coach, is being inflated given how bad everything else was last year. 

and I think Ejiro nor our new HC have much of a choice about how things are going in 2024.  Tepper paired them.  And Tepper is pairing Jim Caldwell ONCE AGAIN.....to be his eyes and ears.   

I give this HC 2 years tops.  It's more of the same.  Bad or forced marriages.  We needed a clean slate and new life.   Tepper is just doing another variation of what he did with Frank.....and too many of the people part of the nightmare have been the voices "fixing" things. 

Well he's been inflated for 2 years then, cos he did a similar job in Denver.

It's a sensible appointment.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Evero did a very credible job.

Fun fact. 

The Ejiro's Panthers lead the NFL in missed tackles in 2023. 

Ejiro's Broncos lead the NFL in missed tackles in 2022.  That Denver team came up pretty similar in their low pressure % too.  

I just don't see the justification of saddling a new HC that needs to change the culture.....and forcing so much of the last era on him.  Jim Caldwell actually ticks me off the most.  Heck Morgan actually bothers me too.  

Big picture, it seems like Tepper just thinks he needs to change who is calling Bryce's plays on gameday if you ask me.  Sacrificed a couple lambs to the football gods to try to appease fans.  But they just promoted the GM's right hand in reality.   Fired a ST coach simply because occupied the interim HC job. 

• Pie 1

CRA you are being negative just for the sake of being negative. That's where your mind is on the Panthers (with good reason), but if Canales wanted Evero out then Evero would be gone. EE is not being forced on the guy. Bitch and complain all you want about everything else but EE was the only guy we had who put his head down and worked all season long. He does not deserve to be shat on like that.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, CRA said:

I think that is Tepper big picture which makes me not really excited about it.   Rumors, if you believe them, say he likely would prefer to go elsewhere.  I mean, he is a decent DC.  I don't see why a new HC should be saddled with dudes that have been here.  And there are a lot of people from the old mess still going to be around.  It really does smell like Tepper just thinks he largely just needed new people calling his offense and little else.   I think that is flawed logic coming off this mess we have become. 

I also think Ejiro likely is being overrated at this stage.  He was the respectable beacon in a sea of slop.   But his D made fewer big plays than any D in the NFL in reality.   And the O sucking doesn't excuse that entirely.  We were dead last in turnovers.  And that's what you want at this stage in the NFL. 

From the beginning of the year, losing major starting components.  Not having a true bookend to Burns. No starting MLB. The secondary never started all it's stars once. 

Yet, our defense kept us in all but 2 games, despite our horrible offensive production.  

Hell of a coach to keep that mash unit playing hard throughout the year.  He is an asset

A proven asset. 

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, CRA said:

32nd takeaways

32nd in sacks

#1 in missed tackles

30th in pressure %

29th in points allowed. 

lol posted this on the subreddit and they threw a hissy fit. I’m optimistic but not overly so about these coaches right now. #s don’t lie 

• Beer 1