• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stroud defends Young

MechaZain

2 hours ago, BrisbanePanther said:

I wish Ickey wasn't from NC. Then we'd get people being more honest about how he's been very not good. Who cares about situation. He was picked high enough to be the unstoppable anchor for a decade. Too many excuses for him.

I'm an ECU guy, so that has zero bearing on why I'd cut a second year player some slack. There's plenty of people making excuses for Bryce who is not from NC, and he's different from Ickey in that Ickey had a promising rookie season and has all the physical tools to play his position.

Edited by Khaki Lackey

3 hours ago, frankw said:

Maybe he wants to see it more than one game and not against one of the worst performing secondaries in the league. Some people have standards. Wild concept for some here apparently.

Their secondary was 14th and had just got Jaire Alexander back. That team obliterated the cowboys, led the entire game and should have beat the 9ers and been in the NFCCG. Doesn’t meet your standards Frank? He has to do it against the Super Bowl champ or it doesn’t count? 

Here is what we know.  The Huddle is known for overreactions.  This is one of them.  I am not happy with the situation, but I go back to the same question I use to help me frame this--would Brock Purdy do well here?  No.

But he is doing well in SF. 

He is the NFC Super Bowl QB.

But he would suck here.

Give the kid some time and support--I hope he balls out next year--Repost heaven.

• Pie 4

4 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

They will have each other’s back no doubt. Young was hyping up Stroud pre draft talking about his leadership skills and how competitive he is. He was also thrilled to see his friend go number 2. It is comical though that Stroud is flat out stating his GM put him in a better position and people still want to argue it. I mean it’s literally the guy in that situation talking vs us fans posting online. 

He tried to save his friends reputation and talked up his teammates in the process.  

13 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Here is what we know.  The Huddle is known for overreactions.  This is one of them.  I am not happy with the situation, but I go back to the same question I use to help me frame this--would Brock Purdy do well here?  No.

But he is doing well in SF. 

He is the NFC Super Bowl QB.

But he would suck here.

Give the kid some time and support--I hope he balls out next year--Repost heaven.

So you're saying a qb picked 1 overall needs the same talent level as one picked 262?

54 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

He tried to save his friends reputation and talked up his teammates in the process.  

He was just stating his opinion. I mean he was talking bad about the talent in Carolina as well. Stroud is the kind of guy that will say what he wants to say. He said that at the beginning of that interview. 

30 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Donnelly has a different take on this than most. He says it's trash talk of the best kind and the Panthers' players need to take Stroud saying the team sucks personally.

Reminds me of when I ran into Mike Vrabel at a local bowling alley in 2010 (he was playing for the Chiefs). We chatted briefly and me being a Panthers fan somehow came up... he laughed and said "Yeah, they suck this year." It's not like other players don't know what's going on.

• Pie 4

10 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Water is wet.

Texans had three top 3 draft picks the last 2 years and hit on at least 8 players in the draft off the top of my head in the last 3 years, all while the Panthers have shipped some of there best players off to other teams with arguably 1 or 2 draft hits the last 3 years. Stroud is of course in a better situation.

You got it. Pair their solid drafts with our awful drafts that were net negatives since we gained basically nothing while losing CMC and Moore, and Stroud is dead on that Houston was a better team. I know they had a bad game against us but they were obviously a better team overall.

• Pie 3

5 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Lmaooooo this is sad they gotta go to him to defend bryce. When do qbs ever have to play damage control for somebody else???

Who's they? The two are genuine friends. Stroud is just speaking his mind. It's not sad.

• Pie 1