• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Washington to Mavs

19 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Grant Williams got that DAWG in him!

Love this because we get a guy who will hustle and not back down from players. He might be our leader low-key.

Getting a 1st round pick was a steal. We won this trade easily.

Agree, his attitude and defensive tenacity is exactly what this team needs.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Martin said:

Agree, his attitude and defensive tenacity is exactly what this team needs.

When you have 1 dawg on a team it can spread. I will be shocked if he doesn't rub off on the other players. Miller already looks like he has that dawg in him. Should be fun to see what impact he has.

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Love this because we get a guy who will hustle and not back down from players. He might be our leader low-key.

Didn’t realize Grant Williams is from Charlotte (Providence Day HS) and could have gone to Harvard or Yale but chose Tennessee basketball instead.  Two-Time SEC Player of the Year.  25 years old and VP of the NBPA.

On paper, I love it.  You’d think he’d be an immediate starter even if everyone was healthy, right?

Melo

B Miller

Grant Williams

Miles

Mark

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

This is really the bigger issue.

With the pieces we started the year with, there was absolutely no reason for this to be a 10-win team.  Clifford has been and will continue to be the biggest problem in Charlotte.  The players dont care bc there is no accountability or winning culture in place.  I still will never understand why they brought him back instead of D'Antoni or one of the other options that was out there.  I fuging hate Clifford.  He's a prime example of being handed poo you don't deserve because of who you know.  He's a fuging bum. 

Yeah last presser I saw from him, he was putting all the blame on the players, saying they need luck to win games, just totally checked out not giving a fug. No vision, just mansplaining away. Meanwhile the whole bench is goofing off laughing on the sideline down 10-20 points late in the games. The new owners are probably dipshits as well but they gotta be ready to get their own guy in there

• Beer 1

44 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Didn’t realize Grant Williams is from Charlotte (Providence Day HS) and could have gone to Harvard or Yale but chose Tennessee basketball instead.  Two-Time SEC Player of the Year.  25 years old and VP of the NBPA.

On paper, I love it.  You’d think he’d be an immediate starter even if everyone was healthy, right?

Melo

B Miller

Grant Williams

Miles

Mark

Solid starting 5. Gotta add some depth in free agency, and pick another stud in the draft. Next year could be a fun year. I just want to see the team compete. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

I mean I don’t think I care much but PJ is better than Grant Williams.  Hope that first becomes something 

IF Grant Williams is who some here say he is, then he will be better for the team than PJ.  PJ always seemed like he could not care less about anything but his own performance.  His lazy ass attitude on the court is so hard to watch, especially when he is "off".  He has potential, but just doesn't care enough, as does most of the team.

We need new blood who has passion for each other and winning. 

• Pie 3

4 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Exactly! Williams plays great defense too which is something we desperately need. I think Miller and Williams will feed off each other’s energy. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Exactly! Williams plays great defense too which is something we desperately need. I think Miller and Williams will feed off each other’s energy. 

Multiple players bringing the same energy will feed off on the other players. That's how you change the culture!

All we need now is a new HC who will hold the team accountable.

Hornets definitely have a much more brighter future than the Panthers right now. Amazing how making the right draft pick changes your future. Miller looks to be one of those special talents you can build your franchise around. We also will likely have another top 5 draft pick. Excited about the Hornets moving forward.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Multiple players bringing the same energy will feed off on the other players. That's how you change the culture!

All we need now is a new HC who will hold the team accountable.

Hornets definitely have a much more brighter future than the Panthers right now. Amazing how making the right draft pick changes your future. Miller looks to be one of those special talents you can build your franchise around. We also will likely have another top 5 draft pick. Excited about the Hornets moving forward.

Should have hired Doc Rivers when he was available…

14 hours ago, Shocker said:

I mean I don’t think I care much but PJ is better than Grant Williams.  Hope that first becomes something 

PJ was infuriating man, he'd put up 40 showing what he's capable of then score 0 the next game and have a stretch of 10 games scoring 10ppg. Appreciate his time here but it was time to move on, and the 1st is the main return. Grant could be a bonus or not, we'll see how he plays here. I do think there's something to this locker room needing a significant culture reset -- guys like PJ and Hayward were absolutely horrible veteran leaders, both just completely indifferent and lackadaisical. Both could be addition by subtraction anyways. I'm not really a fan of this cliche but here I think it applies well to this team -- we need some more "dawgs" and players who actually give a poo about winning and will play hard every minute they're on the floor.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3