• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Happy for McCaffrey...

The same idiots who should be eating crow are of course doubling down (one poster in particular). We shouldn't have traded him, bottomline. Those advocating to do so made a bad evaluation. The amount we were paying him was definitely a lot for a RB, but it was nowhere too much for the best offensive player in the league and a probable HOF player. You have to build around guys like that. The injuries he had here were an anomaly. 

• Flames 1

22 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

I usually am happy for former players that find sucess elsewhere 

But not in this case,playing up injuries when we needed him , just to make us think he is injury prone so we trade him , classless

I hope he sits on the sideline most of the night watching the chiefs score TDs, and has to watch the chiefs celebrate another title 

Fug Christian McCaffrey!!!!!!

SMH. People in here are delusional and just bitter babies. He didn’t force a trade and he didn’t sit as a business decision. Rhule and Marty/Fitt made the business decisions to shelve him once our seasons were over.

I hope CMC (and Wilks) get rings. They gave their all for the franchise.

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, USC/panthers_11 said:

The same idiots who should be eating crow are of course doubling down (one poster in particular). We shouldn't have traded him, bottomline. Those advocating to do so made a bad evaluation. The amount we were paying him was definitely a lot for a RB, but it was nowhere too much for the best offensive player in the league and a probable HOF player. You have to build around guys like that. The injuries he had here were an anomaly. 

If you ask me if he's talented I'll tell you yes clearly very talented. One of the better backs I've seen. There have definitely been better though. If you ask me if I'd rather have him here versus the near nothing we have now. Sure. But we could not keep him his massive salary cap hit build a great OL acquire a franchise QB and compete for a Super Bowl all at once in that window. Sorry that's reality.

You boys can poo posts and root for the Niners to win their 6th Super Bowl if it makes you feel better. I'm good on all that.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 2
  • Poo 1

I really don't care who wins. I like Mahomes, Andy, Kelce and Taylor😂, and I like my man CMC as well. I can't say that people are irrational for not liking him, or what they perceived that he did or didn't do while here, but he DID NOT want to be traded and didn't force his way away. 

All that crap side, CMC has been an exceptional back when on the field. He has had amazing productivity, even in a day and age when RBBC is increasing with every season. 

Per game, yards from scrimmage, CMC is historical. 

Screenshot_20240211_142241_Chrome.jpg

That's excellent company.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

If you ask me if he's talented I'll tell you yes clearly very talented. One of the better backs I've seen. There have definitely been better though. If you ask me if I'd rather have him here versus the near nothing we have now. Sure. But we could not keep him his massive salary cap hit build a great OL acquire a franchise QB and compete for a Super Bowl all at once in that window. Sorry that's reality.

You boys can poo posts and root for the Niners to win their 6th Super Bowl if it makes you feel better. I'm good on all that.

We could've kept him and drafted a QB who would be on a rookie deal for 4 to 5 years. After that period of time, McCaffrey would be past his prime and probably not have commanded big money. We could've done both.

22 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Where is your proof in that? So he played up injuries to make us think he was injury prone so we would trade him huh. I'm so curious to see any proof behind those accusations other than "he was injured and didn't play". 

Tin Foil Tinfoil Hat GIF

They have no proof... same crowd who said he was washed up injury prone and lost a step who celebrated the trade.

14 minutes ago, USC/panthers_11 said:

We could've kept him and drafted a QB who would be on a rookie deal for 4 to 5 years. After that period of time, McCaffrey would be past his prime and probably not have commanded big money. We could've done both.

Problem is we had Matt Rhule who had no interest in developing a green QB. We also had Scott Fitterer who was worse at drafting than even Marty Hurney. They both were more concerned with instant results.

Why would we keep him past his prime? You guys need to be consistent between players. For years I heard about how the Panthers can't consistently win because of emotional attachment to players past their best days.

But at the end of it all you don't absolutely need a highly paid running back to compete for and win a championship. There's more than one way to build a team. I'm hoping Dan Morgan is the guy to do that.

I mean I feel no obligation to cheer for CMC because he played for us. As @frankw stated he would check himself out with injuries at the end of bad seasons. I don’t blame him for protecting his career once we were out of the playoff race but he certainly wasn’t a diehard Panther when he was here for that very reason. He is a west coast guy and is much happier playing for his buddy Kyle. I honestly don’t care who wins this one, just want a good game. 

• Pie 1

Cmc is the perfect example of why you never trade away proven playmakers for picks unless it’s a 1st round draft pick, and only if you have a proven franchise QB. Trent Williams, CMC, DJ Moore etc. I can go on and on. You don’t trade proven playmakers for draft picks unless it’s a 1st round pick minimum and only if you are secure at QB