• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Foster HC at UCLA

8 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

wfoxynuwhq3vn2d1juhg.thumb.jpg.30fc99ff11b8c84f3a9b54748d32c2d9.jpg

This is the play he drug 3 Philadelphia Eagles across the goal line on the way to winning the 2003 season NFC Championship 14-3 and going on to the Super Bowl.

I remember we watched this game at a sports bar in Greensboro and as soon as the game was over, we drove to Charlotte and joined the mob scene around BOA when the buses arrived from the airport at 2AM or something ridiculous. I remember the interior lights going on in the buses when they pulled into the stadium so the fans could see the players.

That was one of the best memories I have as a Panther fan back in the day.

Back when football was fun.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

He was good. He could have been special if he had a healthy knee.

You'd be livid if you were a UCLA fan though - that's a cheap hire. 

Negative. UCLA fans love it. Dude is/was a legend at UCLA and has been on the football staff for a while now, most recently as the RB coach. The players have loved him for years there and he is highly respected inside and outside of the football building. I am pumped for him. 

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I liked Deshaun but he wasn't the best RB on the team that year.  Deshaun had his moments no doubt but look up Steven Davis's highlights if you want to see some down hill running man. That dude was hard to stop when he got a full head a steam. He also had a unique running style that looked like he was taking half strides when ran. I love me some Steven Davis. That dude was a tree trunk.

Stephen Davis is my kind of running back. He deals out punishment rather than let others punish him. 

Between him and Foster, was a hell of a 1-2 punch.  

I know a lot of people did not care for Dan Henning, but he knew how to feed the offensives best players. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, pantherclaw said:

Stephen Davis is my kind of running back. He deals out punishment rather than let others punish him. 

Between him and Foster, was a hell of a 1-2 punch.  

I know a lot of people did not care for Dan Henning, but he knew how to feed the offensives best players. 

Henning was smart enough to use what he had and allow them to play to their strengths. He truly knew how to design an offense around the players he had. 

• Beer 1

41 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

My favorite foster stat was he was the panthers second leading receiver in 2005. 

That team was Steve smith, Deshaun foster, and 12 other guys named Tom. 

Ricky 

Foster was raised in California, but he was actually born in Charlotte and visited frequently as a child. Still had tons of family and iirc he still has a house there. 

that was one of the reasons he was drafted by the panthers. There were some thoughts he was going to drop because he only played like six games his last year at UCLA.

He was averaging over five yards a carry but he kept showing up to practice in suspiciously brand new Escalades and he was suspended. 

Don’t worry about who the other running back was the panthers were going to draft. Don’t look it up. Don’t think about it. 

• Pie 2

12 hours ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

Negative. UCLA fans love it. Dude is/was a legend at UCLA and has been on the football staff for a while now, most recently as the RB coach. The players have loved him for years there and he is highly respected inside and outside of the football building. I am pumped for him. 

Sure they do: https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/

On 2/13/2024 at 7:31 AM, electro's horse said:

Foster was raised in California, but he was actually born in Charlotte and visited frequently as a child. Still had tons of family and iirc he still has a house there. 

that was one of the reasons he was drafted by the panthers. There were some thoughts he was going to drop because he only played like six games his last year at UCLA.

He was averaging over five yards a carry but he kept showing up to practice in suspiciously brand new Escalades and he was suspended. 

Don’t worry about who the other running back was the panthers were going to draft. Don’t look it up. Don’t think about it. 

Alright, I'll bite. Who was it? Clinton Portis? Brian Westbrook?