• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers current Free Agents

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:
  •  

MHS PRIORITY LIST  (And this is based on expected costs)  To focus on Offense, we need to bring back our D--

• LOLB - Brian Burns (UFA) Snap Percentage (77.16) - PFF Grade 74.1  (Not worth the big bucks.  I hate it, but he made it difficult for us to pay him what he wants.  As you should never reach in the draft, the same applies to free agency.  Tag and trade, or just tag.  He is #1 priority in order to get something for him.
  • ILB - Frankie Luvu (UFA) Snap Percentage (93.84) - PFF Grade 78.5  Seems to me that he is the underdog done good story and is now a leader.  He's a dog, and we will bring him back. Elite at his position? Not really
  • ROLB - Yetur Gross-Matos (UFA) Snap Percentage (44.17) - PFF Grade 65.4  (surprised but he played his role fairly well.  Has been progressing each year.  See if he returns on a budget, but I see a market for him.  4.5 sacks is not good, but 4 fumble recoveries tells he is always around the ball)
  • LOLB - Marquis Haynes SR (UFA) Snap Percentage (13.46) - PFF Grade 71.9  Getting better with age
  • NB - Jeremy Chinn (UFA) Snap Percentage (27.11) - PFF Grade 57.7  Was he a one-hit wonder or has he been misused?  Too good to not try to keep.  I would want to leave, if i were him.
  • DT - Nick Thurman (ERFA) Snap Percentage (34.79) - PFF Grade 63.4  Pleasantly surprised.  at 29 in his prime.  I would try to keep him.
  • CB - Shaquill Griffin (UFA) Snap Percentage (7.30) - PFF Grade 67.0   Why not?  Bigger need than we realize.  Need some depth there.  Not sure about the Jackson contract or Horn's hangnail issue.  1-2 year deal
  • WR- Ihmir Smith-Marsette (RFA) Snap Percentage (10.70) - PFF Grade 63.6  He will be 25.  Plays STs.  Showed flashes.  Lowball him, but I would give him an offer
  • WR - Laviska Shenault JR (UFA) Snap Percentage (8.01) - PFF Grade 67.4  This guy could be the sleeper  nobody is talking about--may be nice in the new system....Wild card, and only 26.  Should be cheap.  He should get resigned, but the injury stuff may eliminate him
  • FS - Sam Franklin JR (UFA) Snap Percentage (27.39) - PFF Grade 58.0  Special teamer, but does stupid stuff to get holding penalties

Good solid overview on who to keep.... we just need to get better everywhere and we won't keeping most of anybody on that original list...

WHAT?  I just noticed Chinn's snap percentage.  Heck, he was in on only a few more defensive snaps than me.  Does he not fit the Evero way?  I think they wanted him to play big nickel--what the hell happened?  Was he injured and I forgot? 

Hendership played much more than Chinn

1 hour ago, Captain Morgan said:

the difference between our board's perception of Burns and the Falcons board.  They have a thread about PFF's Top 50 free agents and they have fans who really want him...including this post

"

CombatFalcon

CombatFalcon Avatar

Posted: yesterday at 3:08pm

Post by CombatFalcon on yesterday at 3:08pm

Open up the vaults for Brian Burns if he hits free agency. That man is a terror. I'd take Burns over Hunter or Allen.

John C Reilly Trade GIF by Dynasty Drunks

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

WHAT?  I just noticed Chinn's snap percentage.  Heck, he was in on only a few more defensive snaps than me.  Does he not fit the Evero way?  I think they wanted him to play big nickel--what the hell happened?  Was he injured and I forgot? 

Hendership played much more than Chinn

How did you not know this? It was a story early in the season.

He does not fit the system at all.

3 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

the difference between our board's perception of Burns and the Falcons board.  They have a thread about PFF's Top 50 free agents and they have fans who really want him...including this post

"

CombatFalcon

CombatFalcon Avatar

Open up the vaults for Brian Burns if he hits free agency. That man is a terror. I'd take Burns over Hunter or Allen.

If you only watched the first Falcons game, you would agree. The problem was the other 16 games. 

• Pie 2

Maresette is vastly underrated... dude was arguably our biggest threat on offense n special teams. Definitely  resign him for cheap. I'd like to keep Luvu obviously but Troy Hill is needed for experience  and production  on the cheap. 

• Pie 3

A good number of those defensive lineman will probably return.

Gabe Jackson could be retained for depth. Has history with Canales. Will see if that means anything.

Extend Luvu and Brown

Edited by csx
  • Pie 1

15 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

"

CombatFalcon

CombatFalcon Avatar

This is the same board who ran off Peppers for disappearing in games (first ballot HoF). 

Same board who lamented DJ as not being a true #1 WR then cried when we traded him (I wish we kept him ftr)

Same board who shat on "glass“ CMC and now that he's iron man in SF pretend that they weren't part of the angry mob. 

Half of this board actively rooted for Cam to fail. 

Panther fans are a weird bunch. Of course the huddle hates Burns when the rest of the NFL fans salivate over him. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

55 minutes ago, jayflip said:

This is the same board who ran off Peppers for disappearing in games (first ballot HoF). 

Same board who lamented DJ as not being a true #1 WR then cried when we traded him (I wish we kept him ftr)

Same board who shat on "glass“ CMC and now that he's iron man in SF pretend that they weren't part of the angry mob. 

Half of this board actively rooted for Cam to fail. 

Panther fans are a weird bunch. Of course the huddle hates Burns when the rest of the NFL fans salivate over him. 

There is so much bullchit in this post I am not even sure where to begin.