• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Craig Carton of FOX Sports: Bryce Young is not an NFL quarterback and never will be

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

Honestly I think the consensus was being happy with either and just hoping the FO did their diligence (and had the competence) to pick the right one…or one of because both could’ve worked out. I wanted Stroud but wasn’t mad at the pick at the time.

A lot of people thought Bryce would get injured as their main reason and well that’s been wrong.

However, what have noticed is the media now taking a complete 180. Now all of a sudden his size matters lol

Hitting on a franchise QB living up to number 1 overall is incredible difficult and so it is lazy to say he’ll bust and then want everyone to think you’re right and know what you’re talking about it’s dumb. Like I could said that the past 30 years no matter what and be like 90-95% right.

Young has hella work ahead of him. For me personally I don’t think his size matters as much as his mental strengths just not translating.

Picking the right QB at 1 started with having the right guys in the FO and at the HC position and we got that so wrong it's pathetic. The worst part about it is our QB guru coach that got to pick his guy didn't even last a season. We pretty much followed every step of the don't do this rulebook. 

• Beer 2

11 hours ago, Jaxel said:

5'2"... I mean is the guy an elementary student. You don't have to insult some one to male a point, especially when everyone understands the guy is shorter than 90% of QBs. Lame sauce this one.

So taller than 10% of NFL QBs? List those QBs please. lol

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

90% is optimistic. What NFL QBs are shorter than Bryce? The last successful QB under 5’9” was 60 years ago. 

0 QBs are shorter than Bryce Young in today's NFL.  Young is probably the tiniest overall prospect in the last 50 years when you factor in weight to it. 

He is an outlier.  It's like thinking you could hit 2 lotto picks back to back.  It's getting your 1st round pick to hit AND then thinking you can get it to hit being an anomaly. 

• Pie 3

I'm not claiming Young is not short but his combine height was 5-foot-10 1/8. Why are we talking about sub 5'9" qbs?

Kyler Murray and Young are exactly the same height. Why are yall going on about this shortest in 60s years when we have official measurements at our fingertips to show theres another thecsame height right now? Who was also #1 overall ?

Edited by csx

7 minutes ago, csx said:

I'm not claiming Young is not short but his combine height was 5-foot-10 1/8. Why are we talking about sub 5'9" qbs?

Kyler Murray and Young are exactly the same height. Why are yall going on about this shortest in 60s years when we have official measurements at our fingertips to show theres another thecsame height right now? Who was also #1 overall ?

Yeah, statistically, Bryce is still an anomaly at the position.   Murray is another. 

since 1970, only 30 of the 522 QBs drafted have been 6 ft or shorter.  Most of that 30 number isn't 5'10 guys.  

and Kyler and most other short kings are heavier and better built.  Bryce is small amongst the small.  It's really crazy when you think about drafting him #1 and giving up a bunch of stuff on top of it. 

29 minutes ago, csx said:

Yeah this always confuses me too.  I keep reading Brees was WAY taller.  Brees was 6 foot and 1/4, Russ was 5 foot 10 and 5/8, Kyler was the exact same height.  The funny thing is Caleb might not be 6 foot.  USC has him listed as 6 foot and 1 inch, but I keep reading it's more like 6 foot even or possible a little smaller.  

The whole narrative has to be adjusted to make us look worse (which I mean it isn't necessary we screwed up plenty as a team).  Young was the same height as a recent top pick, most people had Young as QB1, the Texans wanted Young and inquired about trading up to 1 for him. It's turning into Young was the shortest ever and we reached like crazy for him because Tepper made us.  

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah this always confuses me too.  I keep reading Brees was WAY taller.  Brees was 6 foot and 1/4, Russ was 5 foot 10 and 5/8, Kyler was the exact same height.  The funny thing is Caleb might not be 6 foot.  USC has him listed as 6 foot and 1 inch, but I keep reading it's more like 6 foot even or possible a little smaller.  

The whole narrative has to be adjusted to make us look worse (which I mean it isn't necessary we screwed up plenty as a team).  Young was the same height as a recent top pick, most people had Young as QB1, the Texans wanted Young and inquired about trading up to 1 for him. It's turning into Young was the shortest ever and we reached like crazy for him because Tepper made us.  

all three had at least 30 lbs on him and murray and wilson are uber elite athletes.  Big difference

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

all three had at least 30 lbs on him and murray and wilson are uber elite athletes.  Big difference

Murray at 207 has AT LEAST 30 pounds?  You are so extreme it becomes comical.  So Bryce is what under 170?  He is thin for a QB but I expect him to put on weight.