• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Craig Carton of FOX Sports: Bryce Young is not an NFL quarterback and never will be

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

there is no way on Gods green earth that he is 190 pounds

I wouldn't go that far. I mean I'm 5'9" and 188 at 63 yrs old, in decent shape for my age. It's not that much of a stretch to say a young athlete an inch taller can be a pound or 2 heavier than me.

• Pie 4

The fact is Young's weight is a major problem.  He can say whatever he wants to say his weight is but, the truth shows on the field.   At less than 200 lbs when a 330+ pound defensive lineman grabs you.  You're not getting away.  It was very clear that if someone got to him the chances of him breaking the tackle were slim. 

They ranted and raved about his pocket awareness and how well he could maneuver the pocket.  That is as long as no one gets his hands on him.  9 times out of 10 he's not going to break the tackle. 

We got spoiled by Cam who regularly broke tackles and made big plays.  Young isn't going to do that.  This is why we have to have a stellar offensive line. Until we have one.  Teams are going to come after him and bet they reach him before he can get a pass off.  They don't have to worry about him breaking tackles and making big plays.   

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

The fact is Young's weight is a major problem.  He can say whatever he wants to say his weight is but, the truth shows on the field.   At less than 200 lbs when a 330+ pound defensive lineman grabs you.  You're not getting away.  It was very clear that if someone got to him the chances of him breaking the tackle were slim. 

They ranted and raved about his pocket awareness and how well he could maneuver the pocket.  That is as long as no one gets his hands on him.  9 times out of 10 he's not going to break the tackle. 

We got spoiled by Cam who regularly broke tackles and made big plays.  Young isn't going to do that.  This is why we have to have a stellar offensive line. Until we have one.  Teams are going to come after him and bet they reach him before he can get a pass off.  They don't have to worry about him breaking tackles and making big plays.   

"Young's weight is a major problem"..

Fixable...

68c9184e-2676-4640-8569-3f54f3d92b46.jpg

• Flames 1

15 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

90% is optimistic. What NFL QBs are shorter than Bryce? The last successful QB under 5’9” was 60 years ago. 

But he is measured at 5'10 1/8 officially, so even saying that is disingenuous. Kyler Murray is also 5'10 1/8, so he's not even the only QB in the NFL who is currently that height.

20 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

But he is measured at 5'10 1/8 officially, so even saying that is disingenuous. Kyler Murray is also 5'10 1/8, so he's not even the only QB in the NFL who is currently that height.

2 of 94 are 5'10. 

• Pie 2

23 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

1 minute ago, CRA said:

2 of 94 are 5'10. 

Not trying to argue one way or another here but can we be realistic about that measurement? Is it including the hair?

I mean looking at this he's actually even a little shorter than Kyler. If we're going to discuss this let's at least put all the cards on the table.

spacer.png

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Not trying to argue one way or another here but can we be realistic about that measurement? Is it including the hair?

I mean looking at this he's actually even a little shorter than Kyler. If we're going to discuss this let's at least put all the cards on the table.

spacer.png

Nevermind height, it’s about the FRAME of each.  Kyler’s a pretty big dude and a workout warrior.  Bryce is short but also very slight.  He needs to be hitting the weightroom hard this off-season.

• Pie 1