• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce’s Offseason Plans?

Turtle

I'm honestly just not sure that it even matters. He can't do anything about his height and arm talent is largely natural. You can't coach height, you can't coach speed, you can't coach arm talent. It just is what it is. His best bet is to do what he can to improve his arm strength and work like hell to fix the dumpster fire that is his footwork.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm honestly just not sure that it even matters. He can't do anything about his height and arm talent is largely natural. You can't coach height, you can't coach speed, you can't coach arm talent. It just is what it is. His best bet is to do what he can to improve his arm strength and work like hell to fix the dumpster fire that is his footwork.

Pretty sure he has processed in his brain that if he plants his feet properly to step into a pass in 60% of the situations he finds himself in, the ball will go directly into the back of his O-lines helmets or into the hands of the D-line. Same with the arm strength/vision after those 2 picks against Atlanta early in the season. Gotta be a reason he throws the ball away so often when he does get a chance to scramble

16 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Pretty sure he has processed in his brain that if he plants his feet properly to step into a pass in 60% of the situations he finds himself in, the ball will go directly into the back of his O-lines helmets or into the hands of the D-line. Same with the arm strength/vision after those 2 picks against Atlanta early in the season. Gotta be a reason he throws the ball away so often when he does get a chance to scramble

Well, Canales made it clear that's what he'll be told to do.  Plant his feet and let it rip.  If he can't do it we'll have 1 in 2025 and he's out. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

Well, Canales made it clear that's what he'll be told to do.  Plant his feet and let it rip.  If he can't do it we'll have 1 in 2025 and he's out. 

Yeah, we'll see. I'm probably most interested in who they add as qb3 this offseason/camp lol. Dalton can win more games but what's the point? Take a gamble on late round guy/UDFA and actually give him reps 

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Most important thing for him to do is work on that god awful accuracy.

Nothing backs this statement up. You can say eye test, but every stat, analysis, chart and professional opinion I've seen says he's one of the most accurate passers in the league. I didn't watch every game, but the games I did see, your statement about hitting a barn sounds like hyperbole. Maybe you need glasses?

10 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

Nothing backs this statement up. You can say eye test, but every stat, analysis, chart and professional opinion I've seen says he's one of the most accurate passers in the league. I didn't watch every game, but the games I did see, your statement about hitting a barn sounds like hyperbole. Maybe you need glasses?

What I saw was someone who rarely hit his WRs in stride. They had to stop a lot to wait for the ball or do circus style catches. So that’s why I don’t consider him accurate at this point. Not sure how they actually measure accuracy as that doesn’t match up to what I see. But that is just my opinion, and maybe I’m completely wrong, who knows?

• Pie 4

34 minutes ago, jeffashe135 said:

He needs to learn fundamental QB footwork, starting with how to do 3, 5, and 7 step drop backs. I can't believe we drafted a QB at 1 whose fundamentals are so paltry, but this is the situation we find ourselves in. 

to an extent, you can't really overly worry about that with Bryce.  At his size, he isn't going to be able to play textbook traditional QB in the NFL.