• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vikings might trade Jefferson

JawnyBlaze

It would be nice, but we have to be very careful.  This is not about rewarding a player for his performance in another city--it is about paying for future performance.  If he "breaks the bank" then you are paying him on the top end of the scale, expecting his play to be top end of the scale.  If his play drops off--you are screwed. 

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They're crazy as hell if they trade Jefferson. Trying to open up space for Kirk Cousins is akin to us trading DJ Moore as part of the package to get Bryce. You're parting with the stud to get the dud.

It's worse than that. Jefferson is a much better player than Moore and Cousins is an aging QB while at least trading Moore as part of the deal to get the #1 pick is an attempt to get a young franchise QB.

Even if they do get Cousins re-signed and he plays like an All-Pro he's still 35 years old.

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

i think Jefferson is due $19+ this year and a free agent next year.

i'd be up for a trade, but i wouldn't give them more than burns in the trade. 

100%. No draft picks in the first two rounds. Those are likely to be top 10 for the next few years and we will need those to rebuild.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

Tyreke Hill won one. Honestly, Chiefs made a mistake not just extending him. Orlando Brown did not work out and their lack of WRs has been an issue. They’ve worked around it because they have Mahomes (and a great D this year) but no one would have come close to them this year if they kept Hill.

Winning the SB is a bad example though because outside of Mahomes and Brady, there’s barely anyone else.

I don’t think Jefferson makes sense because we’d be wasting a lot of resources to get him while Young is here. This is a great WR draft class. We should just do the draft like we should have done and get our young and cheap WRs now. Trade for a Justin Jefferson when we actually need him.

Hill was still on his rookie deal, then they paid him on a shorter term deal and didn’t win again until he left. They absolutely made the right call letting him go, they’ve got 2 SBs to show for it lol and the most recent one with significant significant contributions on the defensive side of the ball from players they got from trading Hill away. If they kept Hill their OL would be an absolute mess and Chris Jones probably would’ve been gone already. 

Paying WRs massive contracts just makes zero sense

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

i'm all for spending, but i guess it comes down to what he means by "break the bank".

if he's wanting around $20mil...maybe. 

maybe.

if he's wanting to be the top paid WR? nah. 

I mean he’s arguably the best WR in the league and young. If anyone should be the top paid WR it’s him. 

This fanbase doesn't like elite players because they are EXPENSIVE!

It's like they really think they are a owner and the money is coming out of their pockets.

If we could trade for Jefferson you go all in. Make a splash this would get fans excited and maybe they finally start coming to the games for something to watch.

Just now, JawnyBlaze said:

I mean he’s arguably the best WR in the league and young. If anyone should be the top paid WR it’s him. 

could be, but i really do think that if someone makes him the highest paid WR will find that they will be stuck with having the highest paid WR for a while. i don't see top WRs getting more expensive after this year for a while. the quantity of quality WRs coming into the league this year is going to make really good WRs that much less rare which will drop the average and top prices down. supply is going up. prices are going to be going down.

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

This fanbase doesn't like elite players because they are EXPENSIVE!

It's like they really think they are a owner and the money is coming out of their pockets.

If we could trade for Jefferson you go all in. Make a splash this would get fans excited and maybe they finally start coming to the games for something to watch.

it's because we know the reality of the situation. we aren't one or two players away from being really competitive. if we blow our load on one elite player, that's going to hurt our chances of getting more good players to fill in the ranks.

you go all in for one and it makes you really top heavy. top heavy things fall/fail easier.

• Pie 1