• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vikings might trade Jefferson

JawnyBlaze

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Vikings have had 3 losing season with JJ and zero playoffs wins.   He isn't going to come here and solve anything for us.  

I'd rather sign a bunch of good players than one super stud given where we are right now.    Until we solve our QB problems in Carolina, little is going to matter. 

Saying they lost becasue that guys is all world is Tepper level poo. Vikings were ass on D and turnover machines on offense.   Plus there are about to hit rebuild mode.   Not wanting him is typical panther fan BS. Let’s just be mid forever. 

Like many here are saying, we can't afford to give up assets to pay him that price. If he was a free agent. I'd be all for giving him 29 mil over giving Burns 29. But we are just too depleted of resources to trade for him. Just praying we hit on the next Tank Dell or Puka this year.

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Replacing those holes with average players sounds like rinse and repeat of last year.

It's not about filling holes with average players, it's about Morgan doing his job and drafting players that are worth a damn. Furthermore, I'd think that with the money that it will cost to acquire Jefferson that we could get two or three players that could actually help us fill holes and be a more complete team.  Again, basically Morgan and company need to do their damned jobs and build through the draft, not try and get one player that can cover over a bunch of ills. JJ is a receiver, not Pat Mahomes. The money is better spent elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Mingo/TMJ and another unproven rookie WR.

Poor Bryce

Hell Bryce is arguably our biggest issue. I can't credibly put Mingo and TMJ in the same boat. One has had a shot, the other really hasn't yet. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, top dawg said:

It's not about filling holes with average players, it's about Morgan doing his job and drafting players that are worth a damn. Furthermore, I'd think that with the money that it will cost to acquire Jefferson that we could get two or three players that could actually help us fill holes and be a more complete team.  Again, basically Morgan and company need to do their damned jobs and build through the draft, not try and get one player that can cover over a bunch of ills. JJ is a receiver, not Pat Mahomes. The money is better spent elsewhere.

Sounds like a wonderful plan.

4 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Just read on PFT the Vikings might trade Justin Jefferson, who’s due a new contract. I’d trade them Burns and #33 in a heartbeat for one of, if not the, best young receiver in the game. Think it might take more from us?  How much would you guys be willing to trade?  We’d be swapping a big new DE contract for a big new WR contract. ~28mil for Burns vs what, ~25mil for Jefferson? I’m less up to date on what he might cost cap wise. 

Do you  really  believe Young could throw the  ball  far enough with enough velocity to keep up with his speed 

i dont 

4 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Just read on PFT the Vikings might trade Justin Jefferson, who’s due a new contract. I’d trade them Burns and #33 in a heartbeat for one of, if not the, best young receiver in the game. Think it might take more from us?  How much would you guys be willing to trade?  We’d be swapping a big new DE contract for a big new WR contract. ~28mil for Burns vs what, ~25mil for Jefferson? I’m less up to date on what he might cost cap wise. 

....Fitt already left the building....

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

I never mentioned anything about playoffs. I know this team lacks talent. I'm just saying we can't afford to spend on 1 elite player?

Bryce is on his rookie contract. Why not spend big on a player that can actually help him.

oh, we probably can afford to pick up one elite player. but then what? how much will we have left to fill holes elsewhere? do we just depend on the draft to fill out this team? you know we've only got 5 picks and no first rounder.  we will have (after the increase) about $40 mil. 

how wise is it to spend 75% of our available cap on one player when we have so many holes to fill?

8 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah at least we would be entertaining to watch. We also will suck with the 2 players you get with the Jefferson contract.

I don't imagine it being "entertaining," I imagine it being frustrating as fúck. 

Yeah, I'd rather suck with Michael Pittman and Curtis Samuel for example. Or maybe Calvin Ridley and Josey Jewell and Romeo Okwara and Tyler Boyd. 

• Pie 2

59 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Do you  really  believe Young could throw the  ball  far enough with enough velocity to keep up with his speed 

i dont 

The thing I like most about Jefferson is he doesn’t seem like a speed dependent guy. Because no I don’t think Bryce could take advantage of someone like Hill or Jamar Chase. Jefferson is a savvy route runner with amazing hands. He’s a Michael Thomas (before he got bad). That’s the kind of receiver Bryce needs. 

• Beer 1