• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Howel

fanpanther

Young for Howell straight up hypothetical trade  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Young for Howell straight up hypothetical trade

• Young
    • Howell

I'd rather see one more year of Young. Bryce is only 22 years old. I'm prepared to give him another year. If I'm the Commanders I probably wouldn't trade Howell. Solid backup QB for 500k a year. Hard to beat that even if he doesn't start.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Neither are any good, but Bryce theoretically still has trade value even if he sucks for another year. SOMEONE will be like “he was a first overall, we can get more out of him”. 

Darnold sucked for 3 or 4 years, wasn’t #1, and still fetched a 2nd. 

Edited by JawnyBlaze
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, BrianS said:

The question you have to ask yourself about Sam Howell is whether you believe you can fix his decision making.  He has the tools, no question.  But if you can't fix the decision making, he's not an NFL QB.

Young and Howell have a lot of questions, and both their situations had some similarities, though Howell had much better weapons. I wasn't enamored with his decision-making, but I didn't love Young's either (which is saying something consider the bill of goods).

Honestly, I'd just assume acquire Rattler in the draft than mess with Howell. 

5 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Darnold sucked for 3 or 4 years, wasn’t #1, and still fetched a 2nd. 

Unfortunately, we can't trade Bryce Young to the Carolina Panthers. We were the only team dumb enough to give up anywhere near that and the Jets came pretty close to outright mocking us for bidding against ourselves in those trade negotiations.

• Beer 1

Funny topic.

It's a pass for me.  I'm not giving up draft assets for a guy we already passed up who hasn't shown that he's an improvement over what we have.

This season we'll either see Bryce improve, or he'll deliver us another top 5 pick to use on our next QB.

• Pie 3