• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eagles attempted to trade for Brown in 2022

I understand some are skeptical of the source but their rumor articles have actually been quite accurate over time.

https://walterfootball.com/nfl-hot-press-eagles-offered-first-round-pick-for-derrick-brown-in-22.php

Philadelphia Eagles general manager Howie Roseman has been among the most active executives in the NFL in working the trade market. In back-to-back drafts, Roseman traded up to land a defensive tackle from Georgia. Last year in the days before the draft, I reported that the Eagles wanted to do a slight move up for Jalen Carter, and that is what they did on draft night. The year before they moved up for Jordan Davis. Interestingly, prior to moving up for Davis, the Eagles had their eye on a similar freaky athlete defensive tackle. Per sources, prior to the 2022 NFL Draft, the Eagles offered the Carolina Panthers a first-round pick for Derrick Brown.

The Eagles had decisions on getting better in the trenches, and Brown certainly would have helped there. After being the seventh-overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, Brown has turned into an excellent interior defensive lineman. Then Panthers general manager Scott Fitterer turned down the offer. Brown was viewed as one of Carolina’s long-term building blocks, and new general manager Dan Morgan and head coach Dave Canales will have to decide if the organization is going to sign Brown to a long-term extension.

After not getting the Panthers to trade Brown to them, the Eagles set themselves up with the Bulldogs duo of Davis and Carter, which should work for many years to come. Carolina is faced with some huge decisions now on paying Brown as well as a difficult situation regarding defensive end Brian Burns. The Panthers have to decide to extend, franchise tag, or tag-and-trade Burns over the next few days. Every year, there are many trades that are turned down, and the Eagles getting turned down for Brown has left a big impact on both franchises.

11 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

I’m old enough to remember when Panther fans were declaring Brown was a bust. But imagine that, they were wrong and Brown is now one of the best DT’s in the League.

One of our last elite players. Only a matter of time before the fanbase turns on him when he's up to get paid.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

One of our last elite players. Only a matter of time before the fanbase turns on him when he's up to get paid.

I don’t think that will happen with Brown. He is one of the best interior distruptors in the NFL. He deserves to be paid as such.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

He's up to get paid now

Yeah, it's been almost universal that the fanbase wants he and Luvu to get paid. 

I think this dude is a Burns simp, so he's just sour that people see through that situation. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

No. He's actually elite. Big difference.

And everyone currently wants him to get paid so not sure what you are trying here

Edited by csx
  • Pie 1

48 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, it's been almost universal that the fanbase wants he and Luvu to get paid. 

I think this dude is a Burns simp, so he's just sour that people see through that situation. 

You clearly don't know me at all.

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I don’t think that will happen with Brown. He is one of the best interior distruptors in the NFL. He deserves to be paid as such.

Brown is not only elite, but seems to truly care.

Remember when he roughed up slantboy in the locker rooms hallway after the game?

• Beer 1

15 hours ago, mc52beast said:

I’m old enough to remember when Panther fans were declaring Brown was a bust. But imagine that, they were wrong and Brown is now one of the best DT’s in the League.

Because for almost two years he looked like a bust. He was very bad considering where he was drafted. And yes, he was elite this year. And people changed their minds. Seems logical. What’s the issue?

Don’t know why people on this forum act like they’re a pro scout and have some sort of crystal ball, saying they were right by what criteria? Watching YouTube highlights?

Albeit people here do need to be more patient.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1

oooooooooffff

*IF* we had done that yall we probably would have taken kenny fuging pickett with that eagles pick....jesus christ that would have been abysmal 

Edited by SOJA

17 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Because for almost two years he looked like a bust. He was very bad considering where he was drafted. And yes, he was elite this year. And people changed their minds. Seems logical. What’s the issue?

Don’t know why people on this forum act like they’re a pro scout and have some sort of crystal ball, saying they were right by what criteria? Watching YouTube highlights?

Albeit people here do need to be more patient.

Yep.  Brown was touted as a grown ass man out of college that was ready to push around pro offensive linemen.  He was considered one of the safest picks where he was selected.  His first two years he played like dog water.  He turned it around in year 3 and he was phenomenal this year.

I already ate my crow on Brown.  I was wrong.  But he did not look good until year 3.