• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Here come the Redskins (*nothing piece MSN article)

19 hours ago, top dawg said:

The Red Wolves would be a great name, and an opportunity for the franchise to support recovery efforts.

Redskins was always the name and most with Native ancestry view it as homage to the culture. But if we are going to lose the name with political correctness, then Red Wolves was definitely a prime choice.

18 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The Commanders name sucks but you can't go back to Redskins. It's just a blatantly racist name. Like the Cleveland Indians where the mascot was like a 1950s style racist caricature. I can see something like the Chiefs working. It feels more reverential and celebrating vs. a caricature or a racist slang word. And something like the FSU Seminoles definitely works with their longstanding relationship with the tribe.

FSU is changing their mascot actually.

It's just one of their fans crying and blaming everything on the ACC.

12 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

I never stopped acknowledging them as the Redskins

I still call them the Redskins. Especially as they keep stinking it up. 

Can wash away the Snyder suckitude with a name change, queefs. Still the Foreskins.

• Pie 1

21 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Seems like there is going to be a change in DC.  They might be reverting back to the Redskins.

I was never a fan of the move and sadly it was the few ruling the many.   I hope they go back.  Even though I can't stand the Redskins I hate the new name.  I see Red and Gold they are the Redskins and always will be for me.

Good Luck Washington I hope you do the right thing. 

NFL News: Commanders' president unveils team's plans for name change (msn.com)

The article said they dont have any plans to change the name back at this time. 

“I’d feel the same as it would be with anybody else: if it’s the right thing to do, that’s what it is, and I don’t take anything personally. But, it’s not a priority right now,” Jason Wright said about changing the team’s name.

They wont change it back.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II

They will always be the Redskins to me, no matter what other stupid name they come up with.  I honestly think some of the heat to change the name was to pressure Danny boy to sale.  Commanders, The Football Team etc... is freaking lame.

Edited by 45catfan

I think Washington Warriors was popular with their fanbase. Honestly you could go with this and still have a tribute to Native American culture similar to the Chiefs.

I think Washington Hogs (Red Hogs?) was another name, but then they come out with Commanders.

Edited by ProcessBlue2

On 3/2/2024 at 10:51 AM, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Seems like there is going to be a change in DC.  They might be reverting back to the Redskins.

I was never a fan of the move and sadly it was the few ruling the many.   I hope they go back.  Even though I can't stand the Redskins I hate the new name.  I see Red and Gold they are the Redskins and always will be for me.

Good Luck Washington I hope you do the right thing. 

NFL News: Commanders' president unveils team's plans for name change (msn.com)

What is your right thing? 

2 hours ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

I think Washington Warriors was popular with their fanbase. Honestly you could go with this and still have a tribute to Native American culture similar to the Chiefs.

I think Washington Hogs (Red Hogs?) was another name, but then they come out with Commanders.

Warthogs.

20 hours ago, Johnstonny said:

...I think I'm in the Panthers forum...who gives a rats about anything from the  Commanders...

Well before crying about it not being a Panther topic.  Please go through the menu and you'll see several topics that aren't Panther related.   

The best way to go about you day if you don't like the topic is STFU and go about your day.  When the moderators tell us ONLY Panther topics than I conform as I have for the past 20 years on this forum. 

19 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I bet you think all confederate statues should remain.

Wiping away history is the best thing you can do, right?  It's funny that removing Uncle Ben and Aunt Jemima and others classic brands for the sake of wokeness now we only have white people on our brands.  Kind of backwards.

18 hours ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

The idea that the only people who are offended by "Redskins" are uptight white liberals is one of those talking points that's been repeated so often that people just kind of accept it as being true even if it's not.

Exactly

3 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

The article said they dont have any plans to change the name back at this time. 

They wont change it back.  

If reading comprehension is a problem, please see someone.  If you can read.  I said They might be reverting back to the Redskins.  Key word being MIGHT.

As far as whether they will or won't is up to the owner but it's being discussed.

27 minutes ago, PantherPhann89 said:

What is your right thing? 

The right thing to do is change it back.  The Redskins should be the name they should have never gotten rid of.  

@MHS831 Mentioned 38% in a poll.  One poll.  I have seen where other polls that were in FAVOR of keeping the name.  It just depends on who is polling.

Bottom line IMO a group of Native Americans.  The Native American Guardian Association has filed a lawsuit to change it back.  If a Native American group wants it back.  Who the hell are we to disagree. It comes down to the WOKE crowd can't stop interfering in everything they can get their hands on. 

• Flames 1

It's always amusing to see the same people who insinuate anything someone doesn't like is racist basically apply the exact same concept to anything they deem to be woke.

Maybe just spend less time watching cable news.

• Pie 1

Just now, frankw said:

It's always amusing to see the same people who insinuate anything someone doesn't like is racist basically apply the exact same concept to anything they deem to be woke.

Maybe just spend less time watching cable news.

Oh I am sure that's coming.  Just because I don't believe in deleting history and changing everything to conform to their way of thinking.  I am going to be called a racist. 

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Oh I am sure that's coming.  Just because I don't believe in deleting history and changing everything to conform to their way of thinking.  I am going to be called a racist. 

I don't think you fully understood the post sir.

Woke is a tired term and in general I only see it used by politicians pandering for votes or grifters lining their pockets off simpletons.

Maybe one day you'll have an awakening.

Edited by frankw