• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns to Detroit?

Very interesting.  I can definitely see this happening.  I mentioned before that Detroit was highly interested in Burns.  If Morgan pulls the triggers on this, we'll see just how shrewd he is.  IMO multiple 1sts should be the starting point.  Anything less we're not getting our money's worth. 

From Catcrave

Talks are ongoing between the Carolina Panthers and Brian Burns' representatives. His Instagram story this week led to speculation an agreement was close. Nothing has been confirmed one way or another, with general manager Dan Morgan keeping everything on the table to ensure the franchise doesn't get left empty-handed once again.

Interest in Burns would be extremely high, even in a tag-and-trade scenario. Nick Shook from Around the NFL highlighted the possibility of the Detroit Lions throwing their hat in the ring. Something that would give them another dynamic pass-rusher to put opposite Aidan Hutchinson.

"After winning their first division title since the Clinton Administration, Detroit has north of $50 million to spend to upgrade a team that is already a title contender. The Lions also happen to have one of the NFL’s great young talents at edge rusher in Aidan Hutchinson, but he can’t handle the pass-rushing job alone. The addition of Burns would produce a dream edge-rushing pairing in Detroit, and if there ever was a time to spend on a young talent who is just entering his prime, it’s now. Burns might finally get the credit he deserves by playing in a place other than Carolina, and the tandem could elevate a defense that was good at times, but too inconsistent to get them to the Super Bowl."

• Pie 2

I like burns and with the cap increase feel pretty good about giving him 28M if he will meet there in the middle… but yeah if you can get Jamo + whatever guard/wr we take with their 29th that feels like a no brainer. There will be really good guards and WR both at 29 and 33. 

we would need a DE but I’d feel better addressing that in FA for a 1-2 year guy. We have to focus on the offensive weapons and interior of the line as priority #1