• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Tradewinds & FA News

Just now, Lurk21 said:

Exactly!!! I like Higgins  but this is a wr rich draft and Higgins will command a lil coin in this market. Pair Bryce (who has to show improvement) or a new qb next year with a young wr stud. 

We just got rid of our major cap headache and just got a top 2nd round pick. STOP WHILE YOU ARE AHEAD, DAN!  Don't trade for Higgins.  Don't do it, man.

If you are tanking, embrace the tank.  Half measures are EXACTLY how we got to this point!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

You have to give Bryce proven weapons and protection, in order to truly evaluate him. You can’t count pick 33 as a proven anything.

No, you don't.  If Bryce is worth anything, he should be able to prove it.  Just shore up the OL and give him some skill players.  They don't have to be top 10 in their position group.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Trading away the draft capital we just acquired would be peak Fitterer.

Precisely.  Would be a monumentally stupid move.  I'm waiting to judge Morgan, but that's a move that we could instantly pan.  Would be awful.

This desire to gets Higgins is mind boggling to me.  He is aight, but I am firmly in the camp of not ever being that blown away and he doesn't really fit what we need.  He is in no way shape or form worth that type of capital.

I mean, Hollywood Brown and a 3rd got the Ravens the 23rd pick.  

Just no.

• Beer 1

21 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Don't like it. Pass.  Take a WR at #33 which is essentially a late 1st rounder.

Do you by any chance know our draft history of taking WR's in the 2nd round. Spoiler Alert it's not very good. I'd be ok giving up pick 39 if we were able to get Higgins to sign a fair long term deal but if he's asking for top tier WR 1 money then yea I'm out and would rather roll the dice in the draft. 

Edited by CmC2k

I’ve seen this organization piss away 2nd rounders since the beginning of time.

After their latest 2nd rounder disaster (Mingo) if they want to trade them for proven talent I ain’t going to be upset about it. The contract on the other hand…

6 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

Do you by any chance know our draft history of taking WR's in the 2nd round. Spoiler Alert it's not very good. I'd be ok giving up pick 39 if we were able to get Higgins to sight a fair long term deal but he's asking for top tier WR 1 money then yea I'm out and would rather roll the dice in the draft. 

I'm very aware of our 2nd round draft pick history at WR.  However, it's #33, a new GM and a loaded draft class at WR.  I'll take that over an injury prone dude and the offensive version of the guy we just traded to the Giants.  Again, we ain't winning much next year.  No need in screwing up our future cap for 1-2 more wins in 2024 by signing an overpriced WR.  Signing Higgins isn't worth it.  There will be a solid WR at #33, we just have to pick the right one.

Edited by 45catfan

33 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

The Bengals can kick rocks if the demand is both 2nd picks bit if they just wanna take the picks we got for Burns then I'm all in. 

Welp looks like I was wrong and the Teppers are still pulling the strings. Sigh....

1 minute ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Higgins isn't even a #1 WR. He's a star #2. He's not even in the top 20.

The only way its good is if they take the picks from the Burns trade and he signs a decent deal.

Then we hit on a #1 WR in the draft.

We cant just get Higgins sign him to a massive deal and think we are set at WR.

• Pie 1

Just now, chknwing said:

you seen the panther drafts past few years?  I'll take a proven player over any guy they draft

Rhule is gone, Fitterer is gone and Tepper is supposed to be keeping his nose out of football operations.

There's hope.

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

The only way its good is if they take the picks from the Burns trade and he signs a decent deal.

Then we hit on a #1 WR in the draft.

We cant just get Higgins sign him to a massive deal and think we are set at WR.

Just imagine how fast he'll get fed up with Bryce trying to get him the ball. He'll want out after one season.

• Flames 1