• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Tradewinds & FA News

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Imagine being as bad at something as Sam Darnold is at NFL QBing and it still being worth $10M a year.

If you can look the part, that's 90% of being one of these wealthy journeyman NFL QBs.  Sam has some talent, but his major problem is he's not a good player.  Teams still think they can polish a turd and have something that doesn't look and smell like poo on the field.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Imagine being as bad at something as Sam Darnold is at NFL QBing and it still being worth $10M a year.

I wish I got paid to suck.  I do it for free.  I need a new agent.

• Pie 4

22 minutes ago, d-dave said:

If you can look the part, that's 90% of being one of these wealthy journeyman NFL QBs.  Sam has some talent, but his major problem is he's not a good player.  Teams still think they can polish a turd and have something that doesn't look and smell like poo on the field.

Yep. If you have a high level of physical talent and can spin it in practice and you're a good guy in the locker room like by coaches, other players, and front office types you're probably gonna end up banking a lot of money even if you're completely terrible every time you actually step into the field on a Sunday. They're the NFL equivalent of that ass kissing corporate middle management ladder climber who everyone knows brings nothing to the table but somehow they just hang around and fail upward anyway.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, SOJA said:

We aren't trading for Higgins yall 

This makes sense, actually. If we are interested (you have to assume we probably are) then why not wait until next offseason when he's on the market? Cincy won't re-sign him; they're looking to make a SB run this year and hoping to get one last year from him.

Unless he outright refuses to play for them and forces a trade I don't think they'll trade him, but they're not looking to keep him long-term either. So he'll very likely be available next year in free agency, at which point we'll have plenty of cap space and hopefully something resembling an actual functional NFL offense to put him in.

• Pie 1