• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers cut Bradley Bozeman

7 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Bare min you need to sign a guy getting 900,000+ to replace. Each was already paid, so its like buying takeout and throwing it away to go to the grocery store. 

Should have kept both and even djax and cut them after this year. Boz can play OG and backup C. Hurst can be a #2(if his injuries are over). Djax played the lead CB role after horn went down.

Bad beginning to Morgans era. 

You are getting emotionally connected to players of little significance.

Hurst was fuging HORRIBLE. Literally the worst TE on the roster. Bozeman was consistently one of our bottom two OL every week in the scheme we were running(similar to this year).

And Jackson was a good player but the future after that Achilles is probably a little bleak. He was overpaid for what we got in the end, although mainly due to injuries.

I don't mind moving on. How in the world Thomas made it I will never be able to explain.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

If we struggled schematically in what we were runningast year, he would struggle this year too. He is a square peg. It just is what it is.

Moving him around isn't going to change that.

That's true, he still can fill backup C and LG role. But they are paying him to leave. Im a value nut and that kills me. I don't feel some UDFA or min FA can offer what boz has even if its bad fit. 

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Itty, bitty cap savings, little purchasing power in FA due to Burns and only six draft picks, yet we are creating more holes.   I get the roster needs a make over, but if we keep cutting able bodied guys at even fringe starter quality and absorbing 99% of their cap hit just to be anywhere but here, then we are tanking.  There's no question about it.  What a fugged up year to tank.

Lol at the PSL holders who got their ticket prices jacked up to watch the 2024 tank show.

Not trying to be insensitive to those that have chosen to pay for season tickets this year (mad respect because that’s real dedication) but you had to see the rebuild coming.  It’s been multiple years in the making.  I hardly think that the roster overhaul caught anyone by surprise, let alone those that pay to watch all of the home games.  

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

That's true, he still can fill backup C and LG role. But they are paying him to leave. Im a value nut and that kills me. I don't feel some UDFA or min FA can offer what boz has even if its bad fit. 

I think that's the problem, he really can't fill a backup role. You can't have your backup come in and just get blasted on just about every play. That's how we ended up digging in the dumpster so often last season. 

Sadly, we aren't going to struggle to find a vet minimum player that is better than Bozeman. He just did not fit this scheme at all. It was PAINFULLY obvious when you saw him play under Wilks versus under Reich.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

You are getting emotionally connected to players of little significance.

Hurst was fuging HORRIBLE. Literally the worst TE on the roster. Bozeman was consistently one of our bottom two OL every week in the scheme we were running(similar to this year).

And Jackson was a good player but the future after that Achilles is probably a little bleak. He was overpaid for what we got in the end, although mainly due to injuries.

I don't mind moving on. How in the world Thomas made it I will never be able to explain.

That's true as well. No question- boz and Hurst played awful. 

Thomas wins again, beyond me how HE gets to stay. I didn't even want him to resign for min after his rookie contract was up. Terrible and hated hated he got 3 years 18mill to prolong this "potential" BS. There was not much dead cap if cut either, more saving. He's got to have one of the best agents around. I dub him a "Morgan dawg" now....

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

That's true as well. No question- boz and Hurst played awful. 

Thomas wins again, beyond me how HE gets to stay. I didn't even want him to resign for min after his rookie contract was up. Terrible and hated hated he got 3 years 18mill to prolong this "potential" BS. There was not much dead cap if cut either, more saving. He's got to have one of the best agents around. I dub him a "Morgan dawg" now....

As I said earlier today here, Thomas is the new Bersin. His ability to keep sticking around defies all logic and reasoning. 

No one will ever probably be able to explain that to the fanbase. I don't think there is any possibility that a real explanation exists.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, 52Beast said:

Not trying to be insensitive to those that have chosen to pay for season tickets this year (mad respect because that’s real dedication) but you had to see the rebuild coming.  It’s been multiple years in the making.  I hardly think that the roster overhaul caught anyone by surprise, let alone those that pay to watch all of the home games.  

Let's see if there's an actual rebuild.

You tag and trade Burns if you're rebuilding. You also don't trade for anyone.

• Pie 1

58 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Y'all think maybe Bozeman was one of the rats in the locker room?

I think those were almost entirely in the coaching ranks based on how that was built and how dysfunctional it was.

Although.....now maybe that explains Ian Thomas.....

18 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I wish I knew the answer, he is so damn strong, aggressive and physical there has to be a way for him to work.   But thinking he is athletic enough to play zone is perplexing. 

Ekwonu ran a sub-5.0 40. 97th percentile for all offensive tackles. His athleticism is his best trait. He’ll be fine in any run-blocking scheme ever devised. It’s the other kind of blocking that gives him trouble.

10 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

As I said earlier today here, Thomas is the new Bersin. His ability to keep sticking around defies all logic and reasoning. 

No one will ever probably be able to explain that to the fanbase. I don't think there is any possibility that a real explanation exists.

Agree but to me Thomas is a greater mystery.  Bersin's ceiling was at best, a bottom of the roster guy and was always paid as such (as I recall but I may be incorrect on this).  Thomas' ceiling is at best a bottom of the roster guy that gets paid like he produces but doesn't.