• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign Dolphins RG Robert Hunt

50 minutes ago, RumHam said:

so is morgan already backloading deals? how much did the von bell release free up? these were neck and neck on announcement. If he's legit, plug him in at left guard unless they're going to make him the center, but man, draft a center at 33, put this guy on the left, brady on the right, this can help a lot.

it didnt free up anything, not for 2024 at least

Guys a top ten, maybe top five guard in football. If you are gonna pay, this the kind of guy you pay. I think we should have gone cheaper but this is a top player at his position and if he holds up by year 4 he's a bargain. 

• Pie 3

Good move!!!!

May seem like an overpay at the moment, but I'm pretty sure it's more like a 3 year 63 million dollar deal before he gets extended or released.

There is talk of Corbet getting moved to center.  Not a bad idea.  He could seriously increase his future value with a good showing at the Center position.  After watching the Panthers when Corbett returned this season, he was the one making all of the calls at the line, not the center, which I felt was really really odd.

I still wouldn't rule out Ickey being moved to LG.  He wants to stay at LT because of how the position is paid, you can't blame him.  However, if he is truly an elite guard, and looking at the guard pay currently, Icky could rake in Zac Martin money in three years.

Think about this line:

LT - Brady C

LG - Icky

C - Corbett

RG - Hunt

RT - Moten

If we can pick up actual developmental depth in the draft that would be a huge win.  If we draft a Center and Tackle that can learn and mature over a season or two we could look like an actual NFL team again.  Mays is a good depth piece, and that's about all I am confident currently on our team.

Currently we only have 14 of a possible 29 players which we drafted since 2020 on the roster.  That is horrible.  If we draft well over the next two years we can undo that damage.

• Pie 4

The sack thing with guards is a misleading step. If you're guys are getting bull rushed up the middle, then yeah but most don't. We know where the pressure was coming from. Bryce HAS TO LEARN to step up into the pocket.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

everyone and their mom is playing too much madden. The one game bryce had time to do stuff and not throw it in the dirt constantly against green bay, the receivers got open. Can worry about playmakers later, the opportunity needs to arise to see what we got out there. 

Never played Madden a day in my life.  Secondly, I agree our WR were crap and didn't help much but there were several times by the time Young dropped back the defense was already on him.  I would argue that 60+ times being sacked isn't on the WRs.  Agreed?

1 hour ago, thunderraiden said:

We dont need to have the money until Wednesday @ 4pm. Look for a Moton extension/restructure, creates the most cap space the easiest at a premium position with an elite player and leader, only downside is his age.

And possibly a Burns trade. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Im not surprised actually, you need guys that can block for more than 5 seconds with the qb we have.

Remember they were throwing around the "2.7 seconds" stuff when Canales was hire? 

• Pie 1