• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign Dolphins RG Robert Hunt

23 minutes ago, BeenPounding said:

Good move!!!!

May seem like an overpay at the moment, but I'm pretty sure it's more like a 3 year 63 million dollar deal before he gets extended or released.

There is talk of Corbet getting moved to center.  Not a bad idea.  He could seriously increase his future value with a good showing at the Center position.  After watching the Panthers when Corbett returned this season, he was the one making all of the calls at the line, not the center, which I felt was really really odd.

I still wouldn't rule out Ickey being moved to LG.  He wants to stay at LT because of how the position is paid, you can't blame him.  However, if he is truly an elite guard, and looking at the guard pay currently, Icky could rake in Zac Martin money in three years.

Think about this line:

LT - Brady C

LG - Icky

C - Corbett

RG - Hunt

RT - Moten

If we can pick up actual developmental depth in the draft that would be a huge win.  If we draft a Center and Tackle that can learn and mature over a season or two we could look like an actual NFL team again.  Mays is a good depth piece, and that's about all I am confident currently on our team.

Currently we only have 14 of a possible 29 players which we drafted since 2020 on the roster.  That is horrible.  If we draft well over the next two years we can undo that damage.

could be.

9 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Corbett tore his ACL and MCL in back to back seasons, and looked terrible last season before reinjuring the knee after taking longer to come back than expected. In what world should he be relied upon to do anything other than ride the pine?

Right. He's expendable at this point. We still need a starting LG and C before we worry about backups. 

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

QB at a minimum would have to be 6'5.

QBs don't see over their lines. They see through the lanes.

That’s why it’s funny when we as fans get mad at them missing the open player. A lot of times they literally couldn’t see them. 

• Pie 1

Just now, rayzor said:

QB at a minimum would have to be 6'5.

QBs don't see over their lines. They see through the lanes.

Exactly. Just like all these moves aren't for Bryce.  These moves are for any qb that lines up behind them. This benefits everyone/anyone behind these big guys. Plain and simple.  I like it.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

59 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

just a word of caution on his sack and penalty numbers; dolphins whole offense was built around getting the ball out in under 2 seconds. 

Panthers....do not have capability. 

Yet

2.7 is what the coach says young will measured on

if that doesn’t happen, young wont be around in 2025 but the line  wont  be a dumpster fire for the next QB

win win 

• Pie 1

holy over-pay, he's what 5 million more than nelson??

Im already done with Morgan. 

The Panthers always over-pay the least valued spots- RB and LB. Now tri "slop" turner and give 63 million guaranteed to hunt??? Try to cover up the young pick with 100 million stucco.

• Pie 1

49 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Exactly. Just like all these moves aren't for Bryce.  These moves are for any qb that lines up behind them. This benefits everyone/anyone behind these big guys. Plain and simple.  I like it.

Agencylife Bingo GIF by MX Player

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

How many qbs can?

Right.  If a 6'6"g  keeps the DT within a yard of the line of scrimmage or a 6'3" offensive guard lets the DT get two yards into the pocket, the 6'6" G is easier to see over. 

If I hold a tennis ball a foot from me and a basketball 10 feet from me, the tennis ball looks bigger.  Kinda like magic.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 2