• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Giants looking to trade for Brian Burns

Oooooof.

Well. It's going to be interesting to bump this thread next year.

Some folks are either going to look like fools or pretty smart.

Based on the Panthers history with moves like these I wouldn't bet money on the latter.

Edited by frankw

Never hire anyone that posts on this fuging forum again. Scout, GM, or otherwise. Anyone that reads and posts here at any point in their lives is most likely too susceptible to group think.

Holy poo they just gave Burns away. 

• The D 1
  • Flames 1

I'd MUCH rather have just paid Burns that salary than get fuging peanuts for him. The day we decided NOT to trade him to LA is the day we had to sign him. Now we just get fuged 

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

Yes it is

The contract the Giants are giving him is all the proof you need that we didn't get enough for him

Anyone worth a $30 million a year contract should never be traded for less than a 1st, let alone a 2nd and a future 5th

Not happy with this trade/our new status as the new factory of sadness but

giants paying burns 30 mil per year doesnt mean he’s actually worth 30 mil per year, it means the giants are willing to pay him 30 mil per year.  Absolutely blows to lose him but he def ain’t worth what he wanted. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

That contract is going to look like a steal in 2 years. Didn’t even get 100 million guaranteed.

The two draft picks probably won’t even be on our roster in two years.

This Is Fine GIF by 100% Soft

Just like picks for CmC!! Who ere they again??

• Flames 1

The money is the issue.  Now we can get a WR,  Brian is not worth $30m per for 5 years.  Burns, in Morgan's opinion, was not a dawg and I am guessing that he did not see him as a 3-down OLB.

We have YGM and Barno and will likely add an Edge now.  With the cap savings, we can also add 2 more need positions.  I am disappointed, but I am not blaming Morgan.  BB was damaged goods here, and teams were aware.

• Pie 2