• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I've seen enough of 'Dawg" Morgan, he is a bonafide idiot and Tepper got his bootlicker

12 hours ago, frankw said:

It's still very early but at the end of the day no matter which view you take on all this we did hire the right hand man and best friend of the worst Panthers GM in team history by a significant margin.

I've been saying this for a while and you are right.

• Beer 2

Counterpoint: what if this is what we needed to do?

Look, we were the biggest losers last year with that roster.  Dan Morgan was stuck between a rock and a hard place: either you keep things going in the current direction or pivot?  If he went in the same direction, signing Luvu, extending Burns for $30 million, keeping the D together, and we go out and suck; then what's the review on that?

Instead Morgan had to pivot, clean out some players that Scott signed.  New direction, different outcome?  Who knows!  That's why they play the games.  It does suck to again trade off a successful player we selected with a first round pick for pennies on the dollar.  But no one else was willing to make that deal.  When Scott didn't take the deal from the Rams, that was it.  I thought the Panthers were going to build around Burns, and my opinion about Burns > 2 1s has been proven VERY wrong.  It's ok, I'm not losing sleep here.  

So as fans we can choose to abandon the team (though not the Huddle, never, right?), or watch and see, or be really angry, or be however we want to be!  It won't change things.  Chris Lee on the Panther's Notebook (99.9 The Fan) made the point about damned if you do, damned if you don't much better than I did.  I'd check out their episode from last night to hear someone actually smart talk about it.

11 hours ago, CRA said:

All true.  But Dan Morgan was Fitterer’s right hand man while all that mess was done by Fitterer.  I still think that should have eliminated Morgan from being eligible for the gig.  We don’t know how much of the mess Morgan is trying to salvage….was also a mess he helped create in the first place.  The fact we have to guess on that is why he shouldn’t be the GM

You really have to question why tepper hired morgan. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

You guys gotta move on. The Burns failure was last year. Everyone and their mother could see that the way to help Bryce was to get rock solid guards. It is the blueprint and before this offseason's crazy guard prices, was actually one of the most cost-effective ways to get a great O-Line. It's no mistake Cam's MVP year had our best G tandem (and center) in recent memory. This is what we have to do. And in an offensive league, there is no better investment.

I don't care what any PFF stat says about Burn's pressure rates or success. Watching the games he was not a gamebreaker and is massively overhyped. He can't anchor the D. Let him go be great on a D-Line with 3 other Pro Bowlers. Bell barely played and seemed like he didn't want to waste his body on our shitty team, I can't think of much that he did for us. Luvu was great- did it all, awesome homegrown talent, but he's not the guy you pay massive money to. It sucks to lose him and was unexpected, but he's not the end of the D. In my opinion, being a top 10 D with the guys we had last year was ridiculous and without them I'd still expect to be top half of the league. Depending on who we add in FA, we could stay pretty stable, and if Horn can stay fully healthy, we could be even better.

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

You really have to question why tepper hired morgan. 

Geez, the Panthers are being led by a bunch of idiots.  Keep only the complete trash and get rid of actual decent talent.

10 hours ago, Youngs Ten Yard Bombs said:

Obviously can’t understate the Tepper and Fitterer effect but hiring the guy who  misspelled his own restaurant for GM is not exactly the most ringing endorsement for success either way.

Spelling is a nothing burger "theses" days.

Edited by heel31ok

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

It's not a tank or a rebuild...they are trying to win with Bryce this year with an offense first approach lol. It's going to be fun watching this crew get fired this year.

I disagree.  Its definitely a rebuild, they are building the offense first.   First the best teams in the modern nfl have really good offenses but I don't think thats the main reason.  The main reason is to give Bryce no excuses to see what he is.  With an actual NFL offense around him if he still struggles the same as last year then guess what?   You have an actual nfl level talented offense to drop the new qb in that we draft next year.  People are acting like this is the last season of Panthers football and there is nothing after this or something.   The #1 question for the panthers is is Bryce the answer or not.  You don't find that out without building an offense.

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

I've been saying this for a while and you are right.

I felt this way when the move was make but honestly this past few days has made me feel a lot better that that was the case honestly.   The past few days have almost entirely revolved around starting to fix Fitterer's mistakes/clear them out.

I stopped caring about this team a long time ago, pretty much when they got rid of Cam (the first time).  Since then, it's been a comedy of errors and I'm very happy I did 'check out'.  I honestly don't know enough nor really care enough about current players and the decisions being made, but I did think that the Morgan hire was an error.  Everyone involved in last year's sh*t show down to the janitor should have been let go.  

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I disagree.  Its definitely a rebuild, they are building the offense first.   First the best teams in the modern nfl have really good offenses but I don't think thats the main reason.  The main reason is to give Bryce no excuses to see what he is.  With an actual NFL offense around him if he still struggles the same as last year then guess what?   You have an actual nfl level talented offense to drop the new qb in that we draft next year.  People are acting like this is the last season of Panthers football and there is nothing after this or something.   The #1 question for the panthers is is Bryce the answer or not.  You don't find that out without building an offense.

You don't over pay for OGs when you can draft them every year in the 2 to 5 rounds. They are still trying to justify the Young pick. He isn't the answer but he was always going to get a shot. This is no rebuild, it just another step back like every year under Tepper.

Trading Burns for a second and fifth round pick is asinine. When you turned down the Rams offer you chose to re-sign him. It's your own fault for not doing it earlier. Play hard ball with him, if needed let him play on the franchise tag or sit out. But eventually he would have come around and we could have worked out a deal with him