• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Have you Ever Been This Apathetic About the Panthers Before?

4 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Wouldnt shell out 7k if we won 10+ games annually, nobody forced you to signup for that dumb poo. 

Fair enough, but if enough of us drop our seats, it does become an issue for the whole organization.

And this is the level the team is at.  I'll 100% still watch the games, but that's it.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's my fear. It looks like we're gutting the D so that we can build an offense that the super processor might be able to look at least serviceable.

It is what it is 

and if I’m Derrick Brown? Well, I start thinking of leaving.  Why waste your upcoming prime 

8 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

We are finally rebuilding the right way and you guys are mad we didn't go out and spend like mad men and trade away picks to win 5 games again. 

Let the guys do their jobs, Fitt and co. have dug a massive fuging hole over the past few seasons.

We dont need more knee jerk moves thinking we are one piece away from going to the playoffs. 

This poo should have been done years ago. 

Trading Burns = Rebuilding the right way.... I will give you that point, however.................

We just traded Burns on HIS terms, to get HIM the best contract, not on OUR terms to get US the best return

Which flips that from rebuilding the right way to continuing to cut off our nose to spite our face, yet again, because they keep trying for the quick fix, not the right fix.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 1

Going into year 3 with Rhule was the worst. Getting rid of a bunch of players from a terrible team to bring in different players gives me hope. So weird all the hand wringing over guys who were legitimately terrible or admitted to playing lazy bum-ass football to avoid injury. Luvu the only one I’m sad to see go.

Just now, Seltzer said:

I like your optimist, I genuinely do.  Probably just getting older and more cynical, but IMHO from my experience in the business world, someone like Tepper will not be able to ever give up control.

I'm not even remotely convinced that's the case, even switching to Morgan at GM.

I hope I'm wrong.

You really think Tepper is cool with gutting the team and watching his boy wonder suck ass again this upcoming season?

The most likely thing is the guys told Tepper he fuged up in picking Bryce. He then leaks that Nicole wanted Stroud so she still has credibility. 

Next they tell him the team must be gutted to free up cap space for next season and beyond to be able to build the roster the right way. 

This moves really dont feel like Tepper, if we went out and traded picks for WRs I would think that was some Tepper bullshit. 

5 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Optimist enough to shill out $7k for this team ?

No and haven't been for years. I'm just happy they are trying something different this time around.  I'm not that optimistic that it will work but I like the fact that the money is going to the oline. Will it help? It will take away I major issue if it works.  Then there's only a dozen or so other issues left to sort out.

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Trading Burns = Rebuilding the right way.... I will give you that point, however.................

We just traded Burns on HIS terms, to get HIM the best contract, not on OUR terms to get US the best return

Which flips that from rebuilding the right way to continuing to cut off our nose to spite our face, yet again, because they keep trying for the quick fix, not the right fix.

I know what a fug up we had several teams ready to give us two #1 picks and a top end WR but they didnt want to pay Burns so we sent him to the Giants to do him a solid.  🙄

We are doing 2 things here IMO. 
1. clearing out any mid level contracts to older players or players we feel are currently overvalued. 
2. putting together enough pieces to properly evaluate Young to decide if he is in our new staff’s future or not. 

And no these pieces aren’t strictly related to Young’s skillset. They are needed for any QB trying to run a functional offense. 

36 minutes ago, chknwing said:

I'm actually optimisitc.  I like the moves so far.  Cant wait to see how it plays out.

Oddly enough, I’m in the same boat. 

im not losing sleep over losing players from a 2-15 roster or guys who have been here for multiple years and aided in the reasons this team has been a bottom feeder. 

for the first time in a long time it looks like we are embracing the rebuild.