• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So.... do we win a game next year?

If Bryce turns into that guy, and the Panthers acquire a playmaker that can help them score in bunches, sure.

Otherwise, naw. There's almost no chance the Panthers win a defensive game or a 'team win' type situation.

21 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

If Bryce turns into that guy, and the Panthers acquire a playmaker that can help them score in bunches, sure.

Otherwise, naw. There's almost no chance the Panthers win a defensive game or a 'team win' type situation.

Yeah, the type of games we won or almost won last year are out the window. 

I am thinking we are going to be a grind it out rushing team on offense that attempts to control the clock. But, we will likely give up very easy and quick TD's on defense. That should be interesting to see.

40 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, the type of games we won or almost won last year are out the window. 

I am thinking we are going to be a grind it out rushing team on offense that attempts to control the clock. But, we will likely give up very easy and quick TD's on defense. That should be interesting to see.

Yeah, I don't know how the team pulls out wins unless there's some serious hits in the second round. Usually, top end second round picks have about a ~20% chance at being a pro-bowl player. So, I figure that Carolina has about a 50/50 at finding a good player if they don't trade their top two picks.

It's going to hurt more next year if the Panthers are picking first overall again, having to give the Bears the 33rd overall pick.

• Beer 1

It’s all on Bryce. If they get some playmakers, scheme around his weaknesses and he takes the next step, and replace all they lost on defense, it might be a 2-3 win season like last year. It’s shaping up to be a very rough season again. 

Hopefully so. I don’t really care.

i wouldn’t watch much, enjoy your Sundays! 

My gut feeling is we’ll be bad during this reset year, then probably mid-bad in 2026 while we get used to a vet or rookie QB to replace Bryce. 

Just gonna be a long road. 

I think we win more games than this year. I like what we're doing on offense and while I have my concerns about the defense we should remember that this is Day 1 of the tampering period. There's plenty of time to add pieces. 

The fact of the matter is that they're starting off in a hole. They have to add talent to a roster with a lot of holes and not a ton of money. I think investing heavily in the line of scrimmage is the way to go.

2 hours ago, Krovvy said:

Yeah, I don't know how the team pulls out wins unless there's some serious hits in the second round. Usually, top end second round picks have about a ~20% chance at being a pro-bowl player. So, I figure that Carolina has about a 50/50 at finding a good player if they don't trade their top two picks.

It's going to hurt more next year if the Panthers are picking first overall again, having to give the Bears the 33rd overall pick.

Man, the Bears really fleeced us bad. They had to be dancing a jig when they saw what we looked like in preseason and probably doing it again watching us not field a defense. I don’t think Moore and our two future picks could have worked out any better for them. Pick value (ignoring year since we are both rebuilding so only talent matters) was 3000 for us and 5230 for them. Then you throw DJ Moore on top. Damn Fitterer. Add in his, I’d rather have a 5th than two 1sts (2nds cancel) for Burns and we basically burned 3 1st round picks for nothing.