• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think I see the direction....

By signing to guards and upgrading the O-line, they are going to draft (1) and sign(1), get 2 good WRs (one will be fast). Maybe even trade for one. We still have Mingo and Theilen. That will give Bryce a chance by giving him time to process. They still need a RB and TE upgrade but this is a start. A 2nd round pick WR and a decent WR in FA is all realistic. 

The other 2nd round pick will probably be a DE and they'll sign one (B/B+) level. Again realistic. The 3rd round on down will fill the holes with hopefuls that they hit on one or two.  Build around Brown on the DL, maybe trade or draft for another D-lineman. I would hope at least one of Barno, Wooten and Johnson takes steps at LB. I can see them signing an older vet for a stop gap. 

I can see them signing Gilmore on a 2 year deal at CB (stopgap) or someone like that (a cheap 30+ vet). I hope Miles has a better year with a better OC and Chubba proved he's reliable. Just pick up a late round (or UDFA) skatback speedster.

They shouldn't be looking to make a long playoff run next year. Just takes steps to be competitive. 7 wins would be a major step towards that. That's my goal. Build the Offense as the defense will take a hit anyway especially after Evero leaves. Maybe they can carry the team in 2025 a little more (which will make games more exciting). 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

the division got a lot tougher. we still have bryce, tepper, and less weapons on defense. tepper wants to terrorize evero i guess. be lucky to win a game again. we play the afc west this year too i believe.

• Pie 1

I absolutely theorize that they have some super secret diamond in the rough they’ve discovered that is helping justify these decisions 

also, every other team has discovered this guy and he will go way before the panthers 

Edited by Growl

1 to 3 wins. They just dumped a lot of money into showcasing and now having to lean on a player busting his way out of the NFL. Maybe they get a great RB they can ride into a few more wins but Bryce and that D isn't winning much in 24.

Edited by Waldo
  • Beer 1

Honestly, it kinda feels like Morgan is just getting setup to be the fall guy. Come in here and clear out a bunch of mess, make the unpopular move of giving Burns away for little return, pay some OGs like LTs because our super processor is 5'8" and then I'll throw you under the bus and rage fire you when we're 0-6. Just seems like the way Tepper works.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

1 to 3 wins. They just dumped a lot of money into showcasing and now having to lean on a player busting his way out of the NFL. Maybe they get a great RB they can ride into a few more wins but Bryce and that D isn't winning much in 24.

The only reason we weren't getting blasted every Sunday last year is because our D was at least decent enough to keep us from getting utterly embarrassed every week. It looks like we're about to be like Vandy in the SEC this season. Just hopeless and everybody knows it.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Planning your draft out to force picks by position always works well.

Dave, do you think you'll draft a corner?

This.

But, to be fair, the draft this year looks like it fits our needs pretty well so we should be able to go BPA at a position of need without reaching.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The only reason we weren't getting blasted every Sunday last year is because our D was at least decent enough to keep us from getting utterly embarrassed every week. It looks like we're about to be like Vandy in the SEC this season. Just hopeless and everybody knows it.

Yup. The D kept it respectable if not predictable in the outcome. The entire rebuild and tank stuff just went out the window. It really could be a 1 win season with this build.