• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WR Diontae Johnson to the Panthers

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

That's how I feel right now. If it was anyone other than the Panthers making this move, I'd think the Steelers got hosed. As it stands, I can't help but wonder what's going to go wrong. 

We been conditioned to expect the worst. It's well deserved skepticism. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

My issue with the trade has 0% to do with Johnson the player or what kind of contract he might want

It's that he's made it known he has been unhappy with the Steelers QB play the last few years and I can't see him going from that to Bryce and then wanting to re-sign with us next offseason.

I like this trade, but I also wanted to find a more long term WR solution this year, which we now won't be able to unless we get lucky and hit a home run in the draft.

How can you proclaim he won’t be happy playing with Bryce when he has unofficially been a panther for less than an hour? 

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, App Panther said:

There's almost no risk with what we gave up. We were going to cut Donte. 

Pretty much this. Both teams are probably approaching this as potentially possibly getting something for nothing because both players were likely on the chopping block anyway.

1 minute ago, chknwing said:

I'm not sure I want to draft another qb to develop after already rebuilding the team for around bryce.  grab a retred and go win some games

They are not building the team around Bryce. They are building a team. If Bryce benefits then great. If he's still ass then give someone else a shot. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 4
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

Stop mocking the Georgia WR to us now we need vertical speed now 

Anyone that doesn't realize that Ladd is fast and quick just hasn't been watching. He's a complete receiver. He isn't blazing fast, but it doesn't take that to be a successful receiver in the NFL. 4.39 is plenty of speed, and his playing speed is reflective of his legit speed.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Anyone that doesn't realize that Ladd is fast and quick just hasn't been watching. He's a complete receiver. He isn't blazing fast, but it doesn't take that to be a successful receiver in the NFL. 4.39 is plenty of speed, and his playing speed is reflective of his legit speed.

4.39 isn't blazing fast, man I am getting old. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

4 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

How can you proclaim he won’t be happy playing with Bryce when he has unofficially been a panther for less than an hour? 

He was unhappy on a team that had QB's at least good enough to get them to the playoffs in 3 of his 5 years and had a worst record of 8-8 in that timeframe.

If he was unhappy with that, what in the world makes you think he'll be happier by going to a team with the worst QB in the league with a worse arm than any QB he had in Pittsburgh?

45 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Seriously, can the mods just block him from creating threads if he reuses to post tweets correctly?

Most pointless posts ever

Is it that difficult to click on the link? Maybe you should be asking why there’s not a tweet imbedding button to instantly imbed links from X.

1 minute ago, Navy_football said:

You guys need to chill with the Bryce Young sucks narrative. It's exhausting how negative you are. I'm trying to be excited about free agency and you're constantly punching holes in every move. F'ing up my buzz...

They cannot let it go. If it wasn't Bryce it would be someone else. I'm just going sit back and enjoy the ride even though I know it's going to be a rough one.