• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Drafting a WR in the 2ND Really A Good Idea?

Slept on it. It is receiving oriented but... A Sproles or even better, a CMC type. Kamara was a 3rd rounder I think and he was killing people early in his career, and a lot of pass catching and turning upfield. 

I look at where things are offensively right now - with the under 2.7 sec play design and goodn (smart) OL working together maybe you don’t have to worry quite as much about a rookie RB doing his blitz pickups.

The fact is this team is going to have to have skill studs everywhere and that would be a great place to have one. If someone exceptional at that is there I’d probably be in. 

1 hour ago, strato said:

Slept on it. It is receiving oriented but... A Sproles or even better, a CMC type. Kamara was a 3rd rounder I think and he was killing people early in his career, and a lot of pass catching and turning upfield. 

I look at where things are offensively right now - with the under 2.7 sec play design and goodn (smart) OL working together maybe you don’t have to worry quite as much about a rookie RB doing his blitz pickups.

The fact is this team is going to have to have skill studs everywhere and that would be a great place to have one. If someone exceptional at that is there I’d probably be in. 

Was about to comment similar. I haven’t had time to dive into prospects as much this year, but a dynamic back should be on the table if available too. 

Just add weapons. A quick hitter YAC back would be nice. Maybe Canales has a better plan for Sanders though. 

1 hour ago, Panthero said:

@Rayzor, what else do you think we can/will do realistically in free agency before the draft to shore up the defense?

Does that recent edge signing mean we don't have a shot at clowney/young? 

I don't think it has anything to do with Clowney or Young. Especially Clowney. Our pass rush sucked last year. We only had 4 players with more than one sack. Burns, YGM, Luvu, and Brown...and Brown only had 2.

We need more pass rushers. I think we're still seriously interested in Clowney. If we don't get Clowney, expect Edge to be a priority in the draft. Even with Clowney, id expect us to pick up maybe Xavier Thomas from Clemson.

Il tell you, though, Chaisson has a lot of potential that he never had a chance to live up to in jaxville. He was an edge/LB at LSU but in jaxville they stuck him in as a DE in a 4-3. It was just an unfortunate drafting placement for him. There's opportunity there with him for sure. He was worth the first round pick, just should have been another situation.

I just think we don't feel we're set. Not sure how many they'll want to have on the roster, but I could see us easily getting a couple more.

If the receiver we pick is a good prospect, then certainly.  With Theilen and the New guy, we have some vets.  So any drafted receiver won't be depended on right away and can be worked in.   

That being said, I hope we aren't wed to any specific position. 

Edited by Davidson Deac II

Seems like every draft there is an unexpected run on a position where guys go earlier than expected and start flying off the board, that might be wr this year. So I’d be panning to use one of those 2nd rounders on the best one and the other pick on bpa, hopefully from the defensive side.

5 minutes ago, DeadpoolPanther said:

Seems like every draft there is an unexpected run on a position where guys go earlier than expected and start flying off the board, that might be wr this year. So I’d be panning to use one of those 2nd rounders on the best one and the other pick on bpa, hopefully from the defensive side.

If WRs go that fast then there's sure to be good CBs or Edges that slip out of the 1st

In the 2nd nah .... unless Keon falls out the first. 

Other than that Malachi Corley is the one for me.... 

I like Pearsall and Corley...esp Corppqley. I think Pearsall is closer to his ceiling. I a think we'll end up with a Legette when it's all said and done.